What did you want to be when you were little?
Regarding Bible = no eating ham sandwiches.

I think you are referring to the dietary laws that were given to the Jews in the Old Testament while spending 40 years in the wilderness. It doesn't apply to Christianity. There were good reasons for all of the dietary laws regarding community health in the environment the people lived in. At that time, they were instructed in laws that were for the good of their society, including the first quarantine regulations.

By the way, I recommend you read the book of Exodus in a modern language. It is a great demonstration of the power (read stupidity) of the crowd. And if you want to see humor in the situation of a Jewish king trying to ignore the authority of God's prophet, I highly recommend 2 Kings chapter 1 (my favorite chapter in the whole of the OT).

And that Jesus in the New Testament who claimed to be God in human form, and dared to rise from the dead also claimed, as recorded in the book of John, chapter 14, verses 6 to be the only way for anyone in the universe to truly know God. That excludes all other faiths. Sort of an exclusive claim there, and sure to raise the hackles of those with other worldviews. This is not intended to raise an argument, just to let you know my biases on the subject of truth.

ian

Messages In This Thread
What did you want to be when you were little? - by PB_guy - 12-Mar-2012, 9:33 AM