Which tile would you eliminate? (A shameless rip-off thread)
Quote:Having invisible wall and appearing wall is also mostly the same so it'd be practical to remove one of the two.

Pfft. Appearing walls are slightly less frustrating for the player. Invisible walls are the equivalent of banging a wall against the player's head, sparing him from the need to get up from his chair and walk over to the wall and do it himself.

Quote:And hints are... pointless? Sure, a lot of times they are, but other times, it can avoid the player lots of frustration. In CCLP3, see Air Pocket, On the Coast, Mediterranean, Civilization of Creatures, Hidden Depths, Water Trap, Everybody Get Dangerous, Vulcan, and especially Rotation (note these are all either J.B.'s or my levels, maybe we're the only ones using hints effectively

That may well be it. I'll concede that some hints are amusing ("Walk the lines of this inscribed pentagram to avoid its curse"...brilliant!). Can't say I've ever been helped by one, though. Maybe I'm not reading them effectively!

Quote: And other times hints add atmosphere, which makes the level slightly more interesting.

::Scratches his head::

Quote:There's no way anyone could argue against recessed walls or gravel. No way Thumbs up

Oh, I'm sure someone will. Let's wait and see!
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.

Messages In This Thread
Which tile would you eliminate? (A shameless rip-off thread) - by BitBuster - 22-Feb-2012, 2:16 PM