ajmiam's Debut Levelset--Pit of 100 Tiles
Quote:From the comments I read from Lessinath, it sounds like a really fun set so I downloaded it and will be playing it as well! Slight smile
I have no doubt you'll like it. I think part of the reason I like it so much is becuse I've got a partially finished levelset that has levels that share a lot of concepts with levels in this set but I have those concepts play out completely differantly. It's nice to see a differant twist ideas, especially when you know it's happened completely on accident.

Quote:I find myself with a strong inclination to LP this set - do you guys think it fits my style, or another LP'er's style better? Some of those levels jump out at me immediately as being perfect for LP purposes, and as long as the dodging on the action levels isn't totally insane I can have lots of fun with it. If it does get going I will start sometime in March...

I don't think the set is a perfect match for you to play because there are a good number of levels with dodging, but I DO think you'd enjoy it if you decided to do it.

It's overall pretty easy, so I don't picture any rage moments even with some of the harder screws. It has a lot of levels that would be good for CCLP1, you know, lots of 1 to 3 star difficulty levels. As far as time goes, the first 50 levels of the set took me about four hours of playing time. You might rage on level 38 if you cannot quickly solve it, but I can't see the future. I will admit I had to open the editor to solve level 38 even though everything is visible.

I would say, even if you don't LP the set you should play through it.

Quote:Actually, that "bust" is what was meant to make the level stand out. It rewards players who keep their ultimate objective in mind rather than just forging on ahead.

(Am I the only one who likes to add shortcuts to levels?)

Also, if you are in the process of playing the set, please don't play past level 80 until I put an update up tonight. I realize now that some of the later levels are probably a bit harder than I intended and I will be making them easier (as well as making 46 and 64 less frustrating, and fixing 24 and 30.)

I'm glad you liked 70! Based on your previous comments, I wasn't sure whether you would love it or hate it. Did you ever play (or see) the level I based it on (which is from another videogame)?

Oh, and as for 61, you may have been (sub)consciously influenced by...something to do with the level. (Icedeath is not an acronym, hint, hint.)

EDIT: Updated the set as of 8:10 this evening (2/13/12). The following levels were changed: 24, 30, 46, 53, 64, 78, 79, 81, 82, 84, 89, 96, and 97. The first two were bug fixes; the last was fixing a typo; the rest were to reduce frustration.

I'll download the set again and check those levels I've played again. I'm on 73, I've been stalling because I dislike blue wall mazes.

Level 24 plays the same, but it's not busted now Tongue

Level 30 works most of the time, unless the last teeth cloned dies - then there can be problems.

Level 46 is now a very good level, because it makes you think about what you want to spend gliders or blocks on and what you can easily use walkers for.

The time limit on level 53 is much better now.

Level 64 is better now as well.

Level 73 was actually suprisingly fun.

It is indeed a strict time limit on 74. I ran out of time two steps from the exit once.

Level 75 was also good, but I'm going to stop there for now.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!

Messages In This Thread
ajmiam's Debut Levelset--Pit of 100 Tiles - by Lessinath - 13-Feb-2012, 11:59 PM