Submissions
Quote:Well, then a) the designer could possibly hate the changes and feel as if the level didn't stay true to the original

I'm not a designer, so I have no stake in this (nor do I know what the general designer mindset is), but I'd assume that the designers who chose this option would put enough faith into the CCLP staff to stay true to the spirit of the level. If you're protective of your final creation, I doubt you'd check the "feel free to edit my work" box. Slight smile

Quote:it would force the staff to either go through every one of these types of level sets and correct for busts and Lynx issues, which would be unfair to those of whom that are active and must fix their levels themselves, or just choose favorites and change the ones that they like. So I wouldn't really recommend giving staff control over your set, but it's always the designer's choice.

Wait...doesn't the staff check for busts and compatability anyway? The issue of actually amending a level would only come up if the level was voted into a set...or am I missing something here?

Quote:A problem that I see is that if all designers start submitting sets "for all future CCLPs", the pool of levels might grow too big because nobody ever takes any levels out of there (except the ones that get voted in).

That's a good point. I don't know how the CCLP voting process works; is it a basic "like/dislike" vote, or are the levels assigned numerical values (i.e., rate the level on a scale of 1-10)? Because if it's the latter, you could have scores "stand," without the need for reevaluating the levels every time the process comes around (unless someone wants to change their vote, or a new Chipster finds the level and votes on it...)
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.

Messages In This Thread
Submissions - by BitBuster - 04-Feb-2012, 11:08 AM
Submissions - by pillowpc2001 - 04-Feb-2012, 3:40 PM
Submissions - by quiznos00 - 04-Feb-2012, 5:39 PM
Submissions - by geodave - 04-Feb-2012, 5:50 PM
Submissions - by Ida - 05-Feb-2012, 3:52 PM
Submissions - by BitBuster - 05-Feb-2012, 4:05 PM
Submissions - by quiznos00 - 05-Feb-2012, 5:01 PM
Submissions - by BitBuster - 05-Feb-2012, 5:36 PM
Submissions - by jblewis - 05-Feb-2012, 6:37 PM
Submissions - by BitBuster - 05-Feb-2012, 7:11 PM
Submissions - by rockdet - 06-Feb-2012, 2:35 PM