WillCS CC2 levels
Here's some level commentary, in the order they appear in 0.3.0-- if you want to avoid spoilers, go play now:

Level 1: Framing Story (A) - I kind of came up with the idea here as a pun (the chips and the outside kind of look like frames); at some point I'll probably write some silly text where the teeth want to hear stories from Chip's adventures or something. 100 was chosen as the number of chips as a round number (this was imported from CCEdit) and it just turned out to be slightly more than you can collect without freeing a teeth.

Level 2: Silverblock (B) - The idea here is similar to CC2LP1's "Get Your Hands Dirty" by IHNN, but a lot easier, because I honestly don't know how to make tough sokoban levels.  I like the mechanism where you have to put the block in the right space, though I realize fire would work equally well, but everything else is kind of meh.

Level 3: Guidance - This one is pretty simple.  Just push the blocks to get the paramecium (or I guess centipede now) to the bomb.  I could probably stand to make this one more complex.

Level 4: Who's Chasing Whom? - This one I really like and hope ends up in CC2LP2 whenever it happens.  The idea is pretty simple: you can swap between Chip and Melinda, but when the teeth get repelled to the edge, they'll swap back to the version that chases you.  The interplay here works really well IMHO.

Level 5: Machines © - This one kind of sprung out of the idea behind the exit area with the tanks.  I actually made Machines (S) first, but the ability to push blocks through the exit busted it hard and I had to put sockets there.  This is definitely the better variant.

And I need to get to work but I hope more people than just me end up finding this interesting.

Messages In This Thread
WillCS CC2 levels - by Calica - 04-Nov-2020, 11:51 AM
RE: WillCS CC2 levels - by Calica - 08-Nov-2020, 11:46 PM
RE: WillCS CC2 levels - by Calica - 11-Nov-2020, 9:20 PM
RE: WillCS CC2 levels - by Calica - 15-Nov-2020, 1:40 AM
RE: WillCS CC2 levels - by Calica - 15-Nov-2020, 12:34 PM
RE: WillCS CC2 levels - by Calica - 15-Nov-2020, 2:29 PM
RE: WillCS CC2 levels - by Calica - 17-Nov-2020, 9:51 PM
RE: WillCS CC2 levels - by Calica - 18-Nov-2020, 12:00 PM
RE: WillCS CC2 levels - by Calica - 19-Dec-2020, 6:01 PM
RE: WillCS CC2 levels - by Calica - 01-Jan-2021, 3:28 PM