Figuring out the hardest levels in CCLP3
Thanks for explaining the trap numbers! Once I got that, I made a lot of progress. An update on where I stand with each of the ten levels:

134 (We’ll Be Right Back)
First two steps are to make the bug change direction so it does not touch the green button again (which would make the green button inaccessible to Chip), then use the block to redirect the fireball to the top-left room and downwards. Then I am stuck because I cannot bring the block down to continue directing the fireball.

One possibility I can rule out is making the fireball go through the teleport between fire. Without fire boots, I would be unable to recover the block.

137 (Vulcan)
Solved the initial section, the bottom-right section (except the two chips each guarded by a single bomb) and the top section. The lock section has me stumped.

If I immediately clone to explode bomb at [18, 10], then remove yellow lock at [17, 14] to free green key, then remove red lock at [20, 15] to free up keys on the right, then open lock at [18, 16] to free green button and blue key, then I have no yellow key to access the left side. I considered opening [11, 11] first but I see no way to bring the block over (or the extra block in the top section down).

139 (Rotation)
Almost there! Only two chips and green key left. Need to figure out how to lure teeth onto remaining bombs.

140 (YAYAP)
My first thought was to use a block to fill the water space just above the exit. This requires three blocks: one for the ice slide and two to keep it there.

However, I see no way to achieve this. The pink ball prevents me from pushing the two blocks just above it to the area below it. Due to the wall at [26, 10], the blocks in the room above cannot be pushed below. There is also no way to push a block from the area below the green door to the area leftwards of it.

Even if I can unlock all three doors, I see no way to bring the five blocks out.

143 (Same Game)
The obvious solution to the first two rooms is probably wrong.

144 (Old Frog)
I have no idea what is even going on.

145 (Recurring Dream)
Made good progress yesterday and today. Almost there! Figuring out how I can stop the bug from cloning balls and then escape the room safely (thief takes fire boots, sockets still impassable).

146 (Suspended Animation)
With flippers, I can get the fire boots and top-left skates, build a bridge across the water section and collect all chips. How much of the level lies beyond the socket?

147 (Avalanche)
First six rooms are easy. A long time ago, I got as far as the room with the tank and fire boots.

149 (Mr. McCallahan Presents)
I have gotten the yellow key, green key and fire boots. Going up the teleport at [21, 6], I have built a bridge to collect the chip. Then I am stuck at how to get a blue key. Yet to find a way past the balls at the bottom-left. A thin wall prevents me from pushing the block at [15, 10] onto the bomb at [17, 11] so I can get the tank to hold down the brown button (and I see no way to bring a second block into that section).

Messages In This Thread
Figuring out the hardest levels in CCLP3 - by hkn - 30-Sep-2021, 12:35 PM
RE: Figuring out the hardest levels in CCLP3 - by hkn - 02-Oct-2021, 10:59 AM