J.B.'s CC1 Levelset Feedback Thread ("Walls of CCLP1" Complete!)
The first full set release of Walls of CCLP1 (0.9.9) is here, with 19 new levels that bring the total to 149! I'm holding off on the 1.0.0 designation in case a few edits need to be made. But for now, enjoy the full set! Much like Josh's WoCCLP3, three versions of the set are in the .zip file to download: the intended difficulty order, the wall order (A), and the design order (B).

CC Zone attachment: /files/file/665-walls-of-cclp1/?do=download&r=11500">Walls of CCLP1
Okay, 30 levels in and I gotta admit this set is pretty challenging in a good way. Here's some thoughts on the first 6 new levels .

4. Secret Jungle Laboratory- The force floor stairs are fun along with that ball cloning mechanism. More fun than Traveler.

7. All Creatures Great and Small- Had that "Schemozzle" feeling at the start along with a decent toggle stopping puzzle.

8. Predetermination Time! - Nice joke level. "Chance Time" without chance which forces the player to play all the sections.

12. Aeronautical Engineering- The beginning mechanism is unique but I find it to be a bit annoying. Rest of the level was okay.

13. Quantified Nerves- Somewhat of a reference to Condemned Faculty with great force floor puzzles. Little tricky though but manageable

19. Manaan- Straightforward chip collecting level but the walker on (21,16) and the walker at the end were pretty annoying.
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that the first official set release of Walls of CCLP1, version 1.0.0, is live! For those who have been playing with the 0.9.9 beta release, there are many small changes listed on the download page, mainly time limit modifications. You can see them listed there if you'd like to know more. Thanks to all who have been playing through the set and to those who will be checking it out for the first time in the days ahead! I really appreciate your comments and feedback a lot.

Now it's time to delve into CC2 design a bit more before this submission deadline hits. Slight smile

CC Zone attachment: /files/file/665-walls-of-cclp1/?do=download&r=11521">Walls of CCLP1
Just completed the set and this was a fun and challenging experience. Chip Win Lots of great puzzles and overall fun game play feeling. Slight smile

More opinions on the next 5 new levels.

20. Etiquette and Espionage - Very cool thief aesthetics with a great mix of puzzles involving them.

24. (now 53) Sand Through the Hourglass- Man, this level gave me trouble namely the 2nd half section with the red keys! Had to ghost the section through the editor since I was sick and tired screwing up that section. As of now I still don't know how to reach that hint, but overall really really well crafted puzzle. Haven't played the new version yet but hopefully not as rigid as the first version.

51. Ski Resort Town- This level is really cool, no pun intended.

68. Crystallic Fusion Dormancy- Very legit use of the "Suspended Animation" concept. Medium to hard level to me.

77. (now 78) Snowball Park. At first I thought this level was going to be an easy chip under block level but that twist made the level. I have to say that is pretty creative to make that kind of "pathmaking" puzzle. Although the hint is still the same, it would've been more helpful to tell the player how many chips to have left before the skates get stolen. However, I really appreciate that this level is now untimed. It is possible to do the level within 600 second initially but that would've been very rigid.
As always, thanks so much for the feedback, mmoraleta! I've posted a minor 1.0.1 update to Walls of CCLP1 that makes the following changes, all of which are reflected throughout all three versions of the set. Additionally, the set is now available at pieguy's site! Feel free to use the scoreboards there if you'd like to report your times in MS. Enjoy playing!
  • Blade Mountain: removed socket from middle of first walker room.

• Drawn and Quartered and Quartered: increased time limit by 10 seconds.

• Snowball Park: reworded and moved hint.

• Spaced Out: increased time limit by 40 seconds.

• The Most Interesting Block in the World: increased time limit by 20 seconds.

• Open Water Diving Certification: decreased time limit by 30 seconds.

• Every Bomb Has a Silver Lining: increased time limit by 30 seconds.

• Something Old, Something New: increased time limit by 30 seconds.

• Unsquare Dance: removed three red doors, reworded hint, and replaced recessed wall with gravel.

Hi all! Walls of CCLP1 has received a couple of updates since the previous post. Most of the changes are very minor, but some may break existing solutions:

<ul style="background-color:#ffffff; color:#353c41; font-size:14px; text-align:start">
[*]
Predetermination Time!: changed blocking blocks to toggle walls.

[*]
Petrichor: added “corner signature” to reference original level by Miika.

[*]
Feat After Feat: removed monsters, thin walls, and chip from boot room.

[*]
Red, Black and Blue: removed two blue keys and replaced one with socket.

[*]
Fource Square: replaced one clone machine in itemswapper room with socket.

[*]
Three Boot Night: changed one water tile at bottom to recessed wall.

[*]
Incendiary Cocktail: removed one pair of fire boots from opening room.

[*]
Crystallic Fusion Dormancy: changed walker near starting spot to glider.

[*]
Drawn and Quartered and Quartered: replaced one red key with red door.

[*]
Between the Lines: replaced all appearing walls with invisible walls.

[*]
Hazy Cosmic Jive: moved ball at (10, 26) down one space and adjusted orientation.

[*]
Exploding Hot Sauce: added fire tile in NE corner to prevent bust.

[*]
Hot Button Issue: replaced clone machine with red door.

[*]
Schrodinger's Hedge Maze: swapped hint with chip in lower right corner.

[*]
Yesterday Once More: moved hint and added additional chip in recessed wall room.

[*]
Something Old, Something New: replaced all appearing walls on right side with invisible walls.

</ul>

Happy chipping!