May 2018 Create Competition - Back to Basics
Sup guys, it's Tyler. I don't think I've run a Create Competition before so I am proud to present my first! For this competition, I wanted to celebrate the upcoming Chip's Challenge 2 three year release anniversary (on May 28th) with this month's theme:

Chip's Challenge 2 - Back to Basics

The CC2 editor was originally tiny, so many of the original CC2 levels are 10x10. It's been 20 years since those levels were designed and making huge levels is enticing, but for this competition I want you to make a 10x10 CC2 level to show how far level design has come and what neat concepts you can pack into a small space Slight smile

Guidelines:

1. The level must be your own and not already be publicly released.

2. The size of the level map MUST be 10x10. The level contents can of course be smaller, but CC2 cannot handle smaller map sizes than 10x10.

3. It should be a CC2 level. If you do not own or cannot run CC2, I will allow CC1 levels to be submitted, given that it could be theoretically ported to CC2 (e.g. no taking advantage of CC1's trap connections! Tongue)

4. The deadline is May 31st, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4). PM me on CCZone or Discord (quiznos00#3068) to submit your level(s). You can submit up to 5 levels for consideration.

Have fun!
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Happy 3 years, CC2! Make sure to get your levels in by 11:59 PM on May 31st!

Submissions are closed. I have received 20 levels from 6 designers. Results will be posted within a week (I hope!) and I will post all the submissions as a set 24 hours before I release the results.

I have posted all the submissions here:

CC Zone File embed: https://cczone.invisionzone.com/files/fi.../?do=embed

Expect results soon!

Now for the results! Each designer is ranked by what I felt were their best entry, and the levels by each designer are ranked amongst themselves. This doesn't affect the overall outcome, but I wanted to give my thoughts on every level that was submitted.

6th place

[Click to Show Content]

5th place

[Click to Show Content]

4th place

[Click to Show Content]

3rd place

[Click to Show Content]

2nd place

[Click to Show Content]

1st place

[Click to Show Content]