- M11k4

These levels seem to be missing from the released version of the set. Unamused
Quote:

1200 BPM
- random 8

Hidden Agenda
- M11k4

These levels seem to be missing from the released version of the set. Unamused
Yes, because mine was so well hidden and the other one was just too fast for you to see! I'm compiling a new release of all the levels (splitting Lynx and MS into their own files), which will include both of these and possibly another one that you didn't see yet Wink

-Miika

[note: this was posted before I announced the results and new version of the set in my previous message, just to be confusing]
Results!

I ranked all the levels separately according to rule set:

Lynx:

Swiped Away - Syzygy

Squares - IceyLava108

Sea of Keys - eric119

Attack of the Keys - Chipster1059

Specific Gravity - J.B. Lewis

The Keys to Failure - Cyberdog

Delayed Post - Ihavenoname248

eXceLleNcY - geodave

Sub Station Alpha - Syzygy

Bonfire - IceyLava108

MS:

The Power of Slide Delay Compels You! - Ihavenoname248

The Bugs Who Couldn't Think for Themselves - eric119

Deprogression - chipster1059

Serendipity - Syzygy

Suffocate - IceyLava108

Mining - IceyLava108

Skeptic Debunked - Syzygy

MiSery - geodave

Chips' Challenge - RB3ProKeys

Ram It Down - Cyberdog

Sand Boxes - Syzygy

Seaweed - Syzygy

The Second Most Insane Level In All Of Space! - RB3ProKeys

So how do I reconcile these into one ranking for the participants? This is something I didn't really consider when I started this competition. I kind of assumed everyone would just send in one level and I could rank them all in one list even if they were not in the same rule set. However with this many submissions and most participants making levels for both sections, it didn't feel right. Now I will weave the above two lists together in some reasonable way.

This means there is a tie for first place! Congratulations to Syzygy and Ihavenoname248! You both made great individual levels and all your levels were still impressive, so you totally deserve this. The next tier is IceyLava108 and eric119, so you are awarded a tied third place. The next place on the lists are held by eric119 and chipster1059, but as eric119 is already ranked, chipster1059 gets fifth place all to himself! Continuing like this, we get the full results, as well as some guys getting some credit for their bonus levels:

1. Suzygy & Ihavenoname248__ 13
pts each

3. IceyLava108 & eric119____ 9
pts each

5. chipster1059______________ 7
pts

6. J.B. Lewis________________ 6
pts

7. Cyberdog & geodave________ 5
pts each

9. RB3ProKeys________________ 3
pts

10.random 8 & M11k4__________ 2
pts each

You have to admit, that competition was a blast! I did some extra work to put together a new release of all the levels here. They should now be easier to try and you should definitely check out the bonus levels too! All comments on any of the levels are still welcome!

-Miika

P.S. Here are bonus comments for all the bonus levels:

[Click to Show Content]
Above, I talked about perhaps combining IceyLava108's two Lynx submissions into one, and here is the result. I like how the reduced the number of bombs in the bonfire as well as the changes to the key swapping too. The thief area is still symmetric (which I previously thought could be more interesting if it didn't repeat), but I guess it's not a big deal and it is not easy to keep it a square and not make it symmetric. I think this combination is an improvement overall and pretty fun.

1200 BPM (Lynx) - random 8
I am very happy to see this level. It was submitted a few days late, so that is why it wasn't included in the actual competition. I feel this is a shame and more a shortcoming on my part in rushing to release all the levels. I am still so so so glad random 8 shared this with us, as the level is something truly remarkable. It is by far my favorite level that this competition produced. I would award you the win if it wasn't unfair to the other participants, but as it is I can only justify shared last place. I don't think I will say anything more about the level, so everyone can go and have a look and experience it for them self.