"Essential" CCLP1 levels
So, we're getting close to the end of CCLP1 voting, and now there's enough votes to spread the levels out. In this case, there are probably around 50 levels that could be included without even having to think about it, so like J.B said earlier, that's a good start for deciding the final list, right?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I had started to formulate such a list, which I then shared with the CCLP1 Skype group. The intention was that if we were to indeed use the voting results as part of our decision-making, it would make sense to at least include the top one or two levels that managed to perform the most well when compared against similar levels. Voting is an effective way to determine the agreeability of a level - and by extension, the agreeability of certain types of levels. This is why I've been proposing that we avoid using the "top 149" as had been done with CCLP2 (and to a large extent, CCLP3) and segment the results into specific categories of levels based on types of gameplay, predominant tiles, difficulty, feel, etc. Over the past several months, I've been maintaining a spreadsheet of "mini-lists" with these types of results while taking note of what levels enter in and out of them as the ratings change and what levels have steady ratings.

Of course, voting isn't over yet. The ratings are going to be massaged a bit more as more votes come in, but as the number of votes increases, the lesser the variance. There is an exception, though, that many of you know about. Miika, who has been voting a lot of levels down, has probably been the greatest "ranking-changer" among all 61 people who have voted so far, as he has been dishing out 1s to the vast majority of levels. He does intend to vote on all 33 packs to ensure that his rating style affects all levels equally, which would be only fair. Right now, he has 10 packs left before he finishes. I've put together the following list of levels that are most likely "safe" for CCLP1 from the packs he's already touched (unless a level has such a high rating that even a 1 would still keep it in a respectable position). I've also tried to avoid including levels on this list from the final few packs until our triumvirate of Bowman / Eric / The Architect touches them unless that same condition applies. I'll be sure to keep this updated in the days to come:

- Runaway Train

- Courtyard

- ToggleTank

- Metal Harbor

- Chip Suey

- H2O Below 273 K

- Connect the Chips

- Carousel

- New Block in Town

- Loose Pocket

- The Sewers

- Breathing Room