New TW Glitch?
Good to know Camden, about not saving the solutions when the cheats are used.

It is not only the ice block patch that does this. Does anyone else have this cheater version without the ice block patch?
Quote:I have discovered that pressing certain keys in Tile World 1 has some strange effects that can change the outcome of the level.

{F2..F10}

This could be a problem because it allows players to cheat, but this does not work in TW2.
Correct.

Quote:on a side note: I swear you used to be able to "view" the whole level while playing by holding down some key then pressing arrow keys. The 8x8 viewing grid would pan away from chip and look around the level. Am I crazy or is that possible in some version of TW?
Also correct: Shift+arrow keys.

D and Shift+D do some debugging stuff.

Quote:I always thought this might have been a function intended for developing the program and was kind of forgotten into some released versions of TW1.
I believe you're correct. All of the code that enables this is wrapped in a "#ifndef NDEBUG" section which is generally disabled for released versions. Seems like some TW1 releases forgot to define NDEBUG on the build command-line. TW2's build system made sure not to neglect this. Wink

Quote:So *that's* what this refers to.

2002 Jan 28: version 0.10.3

Added "Melinda" feature.

(http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/soft...gelog.html)
Maybe, but I don't think so. Perhaps it refers to Melinda offering to skip the level after a certain amount of failed attempts.

Quote:Also, i discovered that it cannot be used to cheat, because if any of these keys are pressed the game doesn't save the score.
Yep.

- Madhav.