Help a New Chipster Design! [LEVEL PROJECT]
Anyways, it's about 8 days until my baby brother's birthday (October 17th). I want to make a special level to celebrate his birthday, but I want you to collab too to make it a great birthday for him! Also, I want to get him into CC, and I want you to make him feel welcome. I want this to be done by his birthday, too. I'll continue this if we don't make it before the first deadline, but I need the deadline to be made.

The idea is simple. Limit yourself to make a 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, or 7x7 canvas level segment. Anything goes other then the small canvas. Though, there are some things I need you to know, and some tips!
  • I will be the one controlling the exit and entrance. You may suggest how it is in the reply box, though!
  • Don't make it so dang hard! He's gonna be new when I show him the level.
  • This level will be in CamsLP.dat!
  • Make any keys, key doors, etc. only for your bit. It can lead to somebody elses part, but that needs some things.
  • You may make bonus rooms. It's actually something I reccomend!
  • You can do 4x7, 7x6, or any combo. As long as there is no more then 7, and no less then 4. In other words, 3x3 or lower isn't allowed, nor is 8x8 or higher.
  • Your segments don't need to be something special!
  • Please link me the download link of CCZone's Download Area for your submissions.
  • My project can, and likely will, be more then 1 level! It's perfectly fine by me. Don't worry.
  • Only 1-3 segments per level!
  • Unless it's an update or you made more segments, only 1 submission!
  • Please title your levels containing the segments like this: Level(levelnumber)-Seg(segmentnumber)
  • No limit of your levels you submit to!
  • Don't think you need to take so long! It's 1-3 segments per level. Get them done, but don't rush too fast!
The deadline is 10/15/2013, at 4:00 PM EST. Let's make my baby brother have the time of his life, and know he's a cool dude.
Sewiouswy, Pom-Pom, whewe is that CCLP4 I so want?

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
I don't see why you can't just download a file here on CC Zone like JCCLP, JBLP1, or Pit of a 100 Tiles, which are geared toward beginners anyway. Also, I'm not in favor of the idea about putting it in your levelset and being able to control where the enterence and exit is, that's plagiarism.
I am confused -- why will someone donate their own work to you? It seems highly unlikely that anyone will give you their own levels, if you are the only body responsible for the levelset. People are anyway busy with CCLP1 these days. If you set the rules, the deadline, everything, how is it supposed to be a community effort? For all you know, you can just waltz away with them! (Not that you will, but still)
- budugoo
Quote:I don't see why you can't just download a file here on CC Zone like JCCLP, JBLP1, or Pit of a 100 Tiles, which are geared toward beginners anyway. Also, I'm not in favor of the idea about putting it in your levelset and being able to control where the enterence and exit is, that's plagiarism.
The whole "thats just plagarism" is incorrect. The plan is that people create separate segments for the level as a submission, and I combine such segments to make a full-blown level, as a collab. It's actually like one of the levels of my on-hiatus projects for Cam's Challenge, which takes level segments from CC1 and fuses them for a whole different level. This one-level collab is just like that, though the bits are made by you guys.

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win
It would only be plagiarism if Chipwoodstock pretended that he made it all himself.
While agreeing with Eric, I'll summarize my reasoning:

Quote:This level will be in CamsLP.dat!

For a collab, you don't place it into your own set. You make a seperate file with the two or more designers that contributed on that level(s), without any inequalities what so ever. The reason I said plagiarism was because you are adding on your work on the base of someone elses, while the same could be said about yourself, even whithout knowing it. Wink

Quote:It's actually like one of the levels of my on-hiatus projects for Cam's Challenge, which takes level segments from CC1 and fuses them for a whole different level.

Wait, where have I seen this before?
But if it is HIS name on the cover, won't it amount to stealing a lot of credit from others? Also, even parts of levels are intellectual property, right? If you pick up 5 different pieces and piece them together in a different way, it doesn't become yours...
- budugoo
Well, if you ask for submissions and say you're putting it into your set, isn't that just fine? Do we have to be so picky about every little level idea? I'm sure CWS can include the info of it being a collab level somewhere when the level becomes available. Also, if someone uses their own room(s) in their own levels, that'll be a cool connection between the two levels, right?
Chipwoodstock, did you get any submissions? Did you make any levels from them?

I'm sorry I forgot about this when I had the time, and then closer to the deadline I didn't have any time. Do you still want submissions?
I didn't get any submission. I got demotivated once everybody just started shouting "PLAGIARISM" and then I took a brief break and this whole plan kinda went away. That's why I went inactive; this whole thing made me demotivated and makes me feel just alone in the community.

~Chipwoodstock
Chip Win