Trouble with pictures
Almost every picture that I post into a forum response disappears when I click submit. What's the deal? Clearly others can post pictures.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
The picture feature is a bit buggy from the looks of it. I usually use the photo icon, not the URL to do it. Try a different internet browser to see if the results are different.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I will confirm (using the latest version of Firefox) that sometimes using the URL tool to post images doesn't work but using the image tool always works. I'm not sure what triggers it to not work. It would be interesting to know. It may even have to do with specific settings, though I only had this happen once.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
To post a picture, does it need to be uploaded somewhere else first?

testing a link to the gallery:[Image: gallery_19_2_347814.jpg]
Quote:To post a picture, does it need to be uploaded somewhere else first?

testing a link to the gallery:

You copy the IMG code that usually comes with the image and use the Picture icon if you have a direct link to an image. It can be anywhere as far as I can tell.
I got the image gallery reference thingy to work with My Media.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Same here. It's actually pretty nifty, since it also displays the title of the photo in the little box, and there's no need to worry about a large image in the thread if you don't wish to see it initially. Slight smile
Ok, so I'm testing this.

[Image: tn_gallery_19_2_54465.jpg]

edit: ok looks nice. But can I do that for someone else's picture?
On a somewhat different topic: Is there any reason why I can't upload BMP files?
- budugoo
Quote:On a somewhat different topic: Is there any reason why I can't upload BMP files?
I took them off by choice, as they take up too much file space and bandwidth for CC Zone too quickly,