xkcd's "Time" - or, where I've been the past few months
[Image: 8eb156cce408df8bb83528382d6a2aa2ce6c74f3...420672.png]

I don't know if anyone noticed, but I disappeared from CCZone for a couple months after making some references to sandcastles and trebuchets. You see, on March 25, xkcd's 1190th comic, Time, went up. It seemed at first to just be two people sitting on the ground, and people speculated that the author was just trying to take a day off work. But then the image started changing, every half hour at first, then every hour. It finally ended on July 26, after 3099 frames. You can watch the whole progression here or here (or here, but it's harder to scroll through).

Of course, that alone wouldn't have kept me so busy, if not for the forum thread, which is currently at 1351 pages and has developed its own culture, vocabulary, and even religion. Most every morning I found myself with 3 to 5 new pages to read through (an act called ketchupping).

Did anyone else here follow Time or even the OTT (One True Thread)? I'm guessing not, since nobody apparently got my references to sandcastles and trebuchets, or the one to molpies a couple weeks ago. Of course, if you did follow the thread, you probably won't read this anytime soon, since it's still going: I'm not completely back yet, since I don't plan on leaving the OTT anytime soon.
They call me Earthling, for I come from Earth.

Earthling1.dat, my levelset.