Kimono Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP1 voting's Kimono Pack. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
I'm just wondering...has anyone managed to solve Conversion? I tried this for about 20 minutes and gave up because there doesn't seem to be any way to get 3 blocks to the water, or to push a block to the right through any teleport. Also, how about No Turning Back? I consulted the map of this level and STILL couldn't trace a path to the skates, but I'm not sure if it's because I'm just not looking hard enough or there really is no way to do it. Please don't tell me the solutions to these levels; just confirm if they are possible.
All of the levels are possible; I have solved each of them. Slight smile
I have a question about Level 26: Mesopothames. I really loved this level when I played it in its original set, ArchieP1. But there is a difference for some reason. Looking back on my replay from that set, when I filled all four "homes," the tank guarding the exit was still, frozen, facing up actually. I assumed this was the intent of the level and I thought the concept was amazing. However, when I played it again, in the Kimono pack, the tank was still going back and forth and I had to time it just right to make it. I'm wondering why the difference? This is crucial because it means waiting till the end to have a tricky, skill-based, timing bit that would be pretty cruel for beginners. Did anybody else notice this? It could be the difference between a 5 star level and a much lower rating.

Other notes:

Level 4: Blue Key - Ironic how the blue key isn't needed

Level 12: Combinations - Amazing. Much better than the other level called "Combinations" that was seen in an earlier voting pack. Although it is very easy to know which path goes with what combination of boots because they are basically labeled, I still messed up once because the third room looks like it could go with skates and force boots.

Level 28: Colorful Archipelago - Legend may speak of an isle where flippers are abundant, but I could not find a way to get to it. Although easy to find, it doesn't seem to be possible to get there. I even looked on the map. Am I missing something?

Level 31: Lesson the 5th - I don't think this should be the lesson level for blocks and traps, but it would be good for CCLP1 just as a generic level. Whoever made the "Lesson the x" levels does a really good job with them. Slight smile

Level 44: Hot Thing - Way too long and tedious for the evil ending. One star

Level 45: Lesson 2 - As with level 31, I don't know if this should be a lesson level in CCLP1, but it probably still has a place somewhere in the set.

Level 47: Icing on the Cake - An OK level aside from the ending which I had assumed I messed up and restarted, and I'm sure others will.

Level 50: Funfair - I was not convinced that the free teeth couldn't get me while I was helplessly sliding through that room.

~Bowman
~Bowman
Quote:I have a question about Level 26: Mesopothames. I really loved this level when I played it in its original set, ArchieP1. But there is a difference for some reason. Looking back on my replay from that set, when I filled all four "homes," the tank guarding the exit was still, frozen, facing up actually. I assumed this was the intent of the level and I thought the concept was amazing. However, when I played it again, in the Kimono pack, the tank was still going back and forth and I had to time it just right to make it. I'm wondering why the difference? This is crucial because it means waiting till the end to have a tricky, skill-based, timing bit that would be pretty cruel for beginners. Did anybody else notice this? It could be the difference between a 5 star level and a much lower rating.

You just got lucky the first time you played it. I think the intended solution is to push blocks onto the blue buttons.

Quote:Level 44: Hot Thing - Way too long and tedious for the evil ending. One star

What evil ending?
Quote:Level 50: Funfair - I was not convinced that the free teeth couldn't get me while I was helplessly sliding through that room.

I've played this level dozens of times in MS and Lynx and have never been touched by the Teeth monster during the Ghost Train ice slide ride.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:You just got lucky the first time you played it. I think the intended solution is to push blocks onto the blue buttons.

Wow. I never thought of that. That pretty much fixes that, thanks.

Quote:What evil ending?
I was referring to how deceptively easy it is to screw the block whenever you are pushing it at the end. The right path is pretty hard to find.

~Bowman
~Bowman
Quote:Wow. I never thought of that. That pretty much fixes that, thanks.

Oh my goodness - I feel so silly now. This is a classic example of me trying to think too much like a veteran and align the tank button presses with each other. Definitely raising my rating on this one.
Quote:Oh my goodness - I feel so silly now. This is a classic example of me trying to think too much like a veteran and align the tank button presses with each other. Definitely raising my rating on this one.

I must've done this accidentally, the first time when the tank was frozen. How does one actually go about doing that strategically, align the tank button presses? Counting out the spaces and figuring out the timing exactly? I think that's an unfair concept; I can see why you had a lower rating for it.

Anyway, the block solution is ingenious and was amazingly overlooked. I wonder if it should be in a hint...

~Bowman
~Bowman
The block solution was the first one I thought of....