need tips on Vermillion levels 22 and 24
These two levels have stymied me. In 22 (Thief, You've Taken All That Was Me), I can't figure out how to get the blocks on top of the trap buttons in the lower right-hand area. In 24 (Propaganda), I use the ant/bee to pop the lower bomb because I think I need to use the block to pop the bomb behind the yellow door. But I can't figure out how to get the yellow keys since I'd have to step on the tank button, which would move the tank off the trap button. Could someone give me some pointers?
Well, here's a video solution to Propaganda (formerly titled Neon):

And here's a video solution to Thief, You've Taken All That Was Me. The video's of an older version of the level that's completely rotated 180 degrees, but the solution's still the same.

You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Thanks for the help quiznos00!
The sokoban part of Thief is tricky but is probably ok for CCLP1 end game. Propaganda probably not.

~Bowman
~Bowman
Quote:The sokoban part of Thief is tricky but is probably ok for CCLP1 end game. Propaganda probably not.

~Bowman
I might have thought the exact opposite Slight smile Having a difficult sokoban in an already long level will frustrate players, but for Propaganda there is only so many things you can try and eventually hit on the solution.
The sokoban part of "Thief" may be difficult (even though technically, it has two solutions), but I tend to be more understanding toward a non-linear level in which a challenge like that can be addressed earlier if tackled later on initially rather than a purely linear level in which the potential for mistakes remains constant throughout the entire level, and a restart necessitates tackling every task in exactly the same order before reaching the point at which the previous mistake was made.
Exactly, most people will start at the sokoban part after they cooked it once. And as Miika said,

Quote:there is only so many things you can try and eventually hit on the solution.

As for Propaganda, it relies on a concept that is a little advanced, even for some veterans to the game and I do not think that a beginner will eventually "hit on" the solution just by trying everything. They will more than likely get frustrated and be tempted to quit.

~Bowman
~Bowman
Quote:The sokoban part of Thief is tricky but is probably ok for CCLP1 end game. Propaganda probably not.

~Bowman
I actually think Propaganda is a better fit for CCLP1 than Thief, but to each their own I suppose. Even doing the Sokoban room first as suggested, it was annoying having to repeat a minute every time to get there and **** up every time. I had to get J.B to tell me how to do it in the end after about an hour of too many failed attempts, and with that Tyler solution sure it's now a piece of cake, but the Rockdet like rage it gave doing it without any help or assistance lost the level a few marks for me, but other than that one room the rest is pretty good and not too bad.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]