Testing CCLP1 levels on I-phone?
Well, I finally got an I-phone. I was lucky enough that my employer got them for all the white-collars at my job, and just two days before I went home to have my baby. Now, I don't have much time to sit down by the computer, but what I do have is a lot of breastfeeding time. Like, two or three hours each day (plus some time each night). And then I sometimes play games on my I-phone.

So, to get to the point, I was thinking, what if StadiaJack could provide the sets for testing&voting for CCLP1, for Will's World (which is practically CC for I-phone)? That would give me like a hundred times more time and chance to vote for the levels. Or is this a bad idea for some reason? I don't know but I would guess that he has some program to make .dat files into the proper format. I also don't know if he's on this forum but I could e-mail him. Would anyone else benefit from this? Or do you guys just think there are too many levels for this? It will be more than 30 sets, right? And I guess it wouldn't be fair to ask him to make just a few sets...
Ida,

It's funny you mention this - because Tom and I were talking about formatting the polls such that the options could be viewed on a smart phone! In order to play other sets on Will's World, though, all you need to do is enter the URL where the set is located. Unfortunately, this doesn't work with CCZone to my knowledge, because the links to download levelsets don't actually end in the .dat or .ccl file extensions. Perhaps Tom knows how we can link to each file directly, and if so, we can include that link in the description for each voting pack so it can be copied into the URL field that Will's World reads. If not, then we can work with the Yahoo! group. The download URLs there are indeed compatible with Will's World, and I could always upload the voting packs there in a "CCLP1 Voting" folder (along with a Readme file detailing where the voting takes place, etc.).
Wow, that's great news! I guess I should have known that. But yes please, smartphone friendly voting lists would be nice.
Will it work even though the Yahoo! group requires logging in?

Sorry fortje double posting, don't know how to edit a post from the smartphone...
It worked for me just now. You need to sign in to the Yahoo! group first, go to the file downloads page, and copy the exact link to the set (not the one from a place like Mike's site) in order for it to work, though.
The way Invision stores downloads is a bit different from standard downloads. It's a secure measure meaning you can't just directly link to the file. I've already had a look and asked Madhav about finding a way to automatically download the latest level set from CC Zone, but I can't seem to work out the code which actually does that. The voting page on smartphones is surprisingly good, if not better than voting from a computer! Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
But how do I copy the link?

When I click on a file link, I get an error message (safari can't download the file), and there's no time to copy the link...

I guess I could try from the computer and e-mail myself all the links I want...
It's not done from within the browser. In Will's World, there's an "add levelset" button when you look at the list of levelsets. You're supposed to paste the link in there from the Yahoo! group, and the file will automatically be integrated into the game.

Interestingly enough, it seems like any mention of "chips" in the hints is replaced with "coins," and "Chip" is replaced with "Will." Obviously, this isn't a perfect system, as a level like my "Chip Collector" becomes "Will Collector." Wink
Yes I got that, the problem is how to get the URL to the clipboard in the first place.

I sort of found a way now though, by clicking the link and then immediately click the share-icon, I can get the URL in an email and then copy it to the clipboard and then paste it in Will's World. How did you do?

Yes, I noted also that the thief becomes quicksand in the hints! I find this very clever. Both that the hint changes automatically and that it is quicksand that takes your boot! I mean, a spy/thief would rather steal your keys, don't you think?

Now playing ArchieP1. It's sort of a good thing, to play in WW, it gives me a beginner's touch! For one thing I didn't realise what the quicksand was (the hint was too long and cut in half), so I stepped in fire/water w/o boots a couple times. For another thing, I'm not used to the controls so I also speeded into water a few times...

Thus I can recommend this!

Don't like though that the game gives away how many keys you collect of each colour. That kind of destroys a couple of my levels.
Thanks for your help btw.

And another thing - some of the time limits are really short in this set, but I guess that's a thing that would probably be changed, so I shouldn't consider it when voting?

When will the first packs be out, and where?