Beware copycat levelset downloads
I downloaded CHIPS.dat from one of Tyler's links (actually contains the whole game with Chips.exe and sounds) and someone had edited level 88 -Spirals- and made it unsolvable. The bad file is hosted on takegame.com, Site 2. The freewebs version was OK though. And I wondered why it was taking so long to solve!!

I've solved the entire set before... on an old 386. Now I'm redoing it just to get the Awards from here! Tongue
You might be interested in some of the information found here:
http://chipschallenge.wikia.com/wiki/Spirals

Slight smile It turns out that the version you were playing is solvable and even the very original version of the leve; however, you are still absolutely correct in editing it yourself is the right way to go. You might also be interested in patching your version with
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~pieguy/chi...llsec.html

Hope you make it through all the levels again!
I'm not sure if modifying the CC1 levels at all is copyright infringement, but there were two spiral levels, one which has an extra thin wall and the other which doesn't.

The official one is without the extra thin wall. It's ok to talk about CC1 modifications, but against the rules is posting direct links to CHIPS.DAT or uploading it on CC Zone.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Aaaahh... It was the extra thin wall too. I was not aware of the two versions.

I don't think I'll ever be able to complete the full levelset again. I've been trying for a couple days. Here's where I'm at:

CC1 - Score: 5 782 010

Remaining levels: Block Buster; Blobdance; Force Field

I'm also very close on CCLP2:
CCLP2 LYNX - Score: 5 737 260 5 812 870 Getting closer!!
Remaining levels: Wormwood; Run-a-Muck; Cloner's Maze

I'll never get those awards.. aaargh! Slight frown
Woah, that was really close! Wormwood and Blobdance are still more easier to beat, at least, in my opinion. Keep trying! Thumbs up
Teeth  Teeth  Teeth  
Teeth  Chip Win  Teeth  
Teeth   Teeth  Teeth
Sounds like you are close! Keep at it and you will succeed! Slight smile
Try playing the "original" version of SPIRALS in TileWorld Lynx mode -- it's totally solvable.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan