September 2012 Create Competition
The final deadline is here, the submissions are in, and so are the results! I'll give you the standings up front and then explain some of the reasoning.

1) Hornlitz - "From the Inside Out
"

2) KeyboardWielder - "Touch and Go
"

3) Michael - "Button Halves
"

Hornlitz
receives the first prize! In addition to your 15 Chip Cup
points, I'll email you a special preview level that fits this competition's theme! I also asked for a random seed at the chat one day, and Lady Luck chose Michael
as the lucky participant who may name our dog! (You can post the name you come up with below, though I hope it is something not too horrific.) You also get the Hammercraft
award for participating! So this means KeyboardWielder
manages to dodge any prizes and still avoids the "You're Winner!
" award. Better luck next time. Thanks to all three of you!

The first level is requires Chip to carve out paths for 16 monsters and lead them to bombs. Though the type of puzzle has been done before, the level has a good aesthetic and the puzzle is in no way broken. It has a flexible solution that is fun to experiment with, leaving room for both optimizing and errors. The phases of the puzzle are distinct and all the other requirements of the competition are also met. This is a fine level and earns first place this month! Chip Win

The second level is also a fine level, and if it had been submitted in time for the first deadline, the race would have been much harder to judge. The level is relatively short, so it's fun to play, and it has three separate rooms with a similar theme. The level is quite original and relies on lynx mechanics (so it is not solvable in ms). The design is sound and fits the requirements for the competition. Glider

The final level doesn't seem solvable without unreasonable monster collisions and partial posting. The puzzle presented also would need some tuning for it to fit well in this competition. It earns third place for effort. Slight smile

As there weren't more submissions, this time we didn't implement a more complicated judging method, but expect that to turn up some other time. You can of course still leave your own comments on the levels here. To do that, you might want to see the submissions yourself, so download the packaged set at http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/159-create-2012-september/

See you again next time, right?

-Miika
Quote:I just need to complete the walker and blob rooms in my level and then it should be in...

For those wondering what happened to the said walkers and blobs: ...

After completing the walker room, I realized that the solution would take much more than the stipulated 4 minutes, besides being far from straightforward, and thus the submission was truncated to meet the competition requirements.

Having now finished with the blob room, the full version of the level has been uploaded in KWests.dat.

- Madhav.