Introducing new player to the game- question
A lot has been discussed and done (all the levels now being assemble for voting, etc) toward bringing in new players to the community- in terms of the objectives of CCLP1 having only levels that are relatively simple and suitable for the new player to be attracted to the game and consequently joining the community, and I would presume, even become a designer with new ideas, and so on.

Since, I have not come across anything, so far, about how all of this is going to reach out and let people know about what is available ...other than what seems to be the obvious - which is just a reliance on "word of mouth" advertising. In other words: is there or has there been any thought put forth in this regard?

Just wondering

Ian Wilson
I've thought about a few possibilities, though some may have to wait until after the set is released:

- Distributing CCLP1 with a brand-new version of Tile World with a new tile set

- Having our community blitz YouTube with Let's Plays of CCLP1, perhaps with an alternate name for the set that sounds more interesting, can doubly serve as a subtitle for the game (for instance, "CCLP1: [Title]"), and makes it sound like its own game

- Distributing CCLP1 as free downloadable content with Chuck's Challenge that doubles as an advertisement for our community

- Positioning the CCLP1 Facebook page as an information source and interest-generating tool when the set is released - invite all your friends to "like" it!

Or all four. Slight smile
When CCLP3 came out I wanted to reach out to some gaming sites so they might post a review of the new set. This could potentially reach millions of potential new players, and remind some gamers of the cool game they played in the nineties. However, I'm still waiting for the combined package that was promised, where you only needed to download one thing and get everything easily installed ready to go. Hopefully CCLP1 will provide such a package.
I had almost the same idea as Miika, but thought of contacting some gaming magazine(s) that might print a small notice about it.
An idea I had was making a live-action video advertisement of sorts for it. I think it would be fun and I haven't seen it before. It may catch some new players, if we do it right.
RELEASED:
2007-2011: The Last Few Chips Volume I: 400 CC1 levels. Plot | Playlist —coming soon eventually.
2009-present: The Last Few Chips Volume II: Quasar Industries: 143/157 WebCC levels. Playlist
IN DEVELOPMENT: The Last Few Chips Volume III: 13/450 levels.
how to create my own level pack?

thanks Smiley
Quote:how to create my own level pack?

thanks Smiley

1. Go here: http://www.pillowpc2001.net/

2. Look for "Programs Made For Chip's Challenge"

3. Download any stuff that can help in making levels (I would suggest Chip's Workshop), and install it

4. ????

5. PROFIT!!!!
Teeth  Teeth  Teeth  
Teeth  Chip Win  Teeth  
Teeth   Teeth  Teeth