Designing a really insane level
Any ideas? I could use some. Slight smile
So... Do you mean an insane level with data resetting, etc., or an insane level like YCTaOFNT?
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
one that uses data resetting
http://chipschallenge.wikia.com/wiki/Data_Resetting

Lots of info about Data Resetting, the main element in insane levels.

http://chipschallenge.wikia.com/wiki/Mul...ank_Glitch

More info about the Multiple Tank Glitch, which is also commonly found in insane levels.

I don't get the MTG at all, but I do get data resetting, so if you don't get something, I should be able to help.
i dont get where to put the block cloners? Tongue
You bury a block cloner on row 0. (so, just put the cloner underneath the floor / whatever is in that square)

And you don't need to put a cloner on top, it will work anyways. And then just enter a separate clone connection connecting a button to a square at row 32. When the button is hit, the block cloner will create a block at the (31,x) of that column, and also some tile will replace the block cloner (what that tile is, depends on the index of the data being resetted.)

So, if I wanted to reset Chip's death value, I would bury a block cloner at (0,22), and then connect some button to (22,32).

In that particular case, if say, a monster hit it, and you died by a block at that moment, it wouldn't kill chip.

Because chip's death value is 4 here, a fire tile will appear underneath (0,22), and a block will appear at (22,31)

If say, I was resetting the Chip's x value, and I hit a button at (21,x) connected to (I think)(8,32), an exit would appear underneath (8,0)

I hope that wasn't too confusing Tongue
[1-7,32] [8,32] [10,32] [12,32] [14,32] [18,32] [20,32] [22,32] [24,32] [26,32] [28,32] [30/31,32] theres all the [x,32] squares that i need. I also need help starting one off Slight smile
First of all you need to learn more about data resetting (and Chip's Wiki is the ideal place to do so... Hornblitz suggestions are perfect: you really should follow them!) and then you can start the creation of an insane level.

The Multiple Tank Glitich is very tricky and sometimes you simply don't understand why something happened in a way and not in another... I think you can learn how it works only after lots of sperimentation and failed tries. If you need specific help you can contact me! Wink

I always end up with using data reset in a logical and linear way. However, if you want to create really insane levels like "The most insane level ever!" or "Just Some Bits" (which is not based on data reset but on some uninitialized data which is somewhat generated by multiple multi-tank glitches) you should try to make the level the most confusing as possibile, making the solution the less linearand consequently the hardest possibile.

I have a prototype of a "really insane" level but, not being able to test it due to its very long and hard (both to find out and to perform) solution, I never published it.

If I find it on my external HD I'll publish it here!

Good luck!
ChipHome5

Exploring π is like exploring the universe....
post it here when you find it, Chiphome? Wink
I found that level on my HD half an hour ago and I've been trying to find a solution again in the past 20 minutes... Unluckily it's passed so many time since I've created it that I completely lost the intended solution. I'm still pretty sure it is solvable but, having not tested it and being the level still a prototype, I cannot assure you it can be really solved (that's why I didn't post it in the download section of CCZone).

If anyone manage to find a valid solution he/she will have my eternal gratitude!

Here's the link to download the level:

http://chiphome5.web...OF_INSANITY.dat
ChipHome5

Exploring π is like exploring the universe....