Anthropomorphism
Today, while making breakfast, I was cutting up a banana, and one piece fell on the floor. I picked it up, went to put it in the garbage, and it fell on the floor AGAIN. After finally getting it into the trash, I said, "That piece of banana really WANTED to be on the floor."

Now, even if bananas had a will, this one was "very thoroughly killed" * and did not want to be anywhere -- I was using anthropomorphism to describe what happened -- I assigned a human trait to a nonhuman item. When did you do this lately?

* Nod to Douglas Adams
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Was it "killed" or trying to be killed? Maybe it was suicidal and didn't know that it would "die" if it simply let you consume it.

Not sure if this counts, but last night, I was frustrated with my microwave's continued inability to function properly, and I started yelling at it and punching the side of it. It's probably a good thing that I didn't actively visualize it as one of my mortal enemies, or else I would now have a bloody right hand and a pile of useless parts on the floor of my kitchen.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Well, if you expected it to hit back.....

Currently, my shoes WANT me to go for a walk -- I may just do that.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Last night, because I couldn't sleep, I got pretty trashed and then went out for a pointless walk. I ended up discovering this great Chinese restaurant. I'd go back tonight for dinner (particularly as I still don't have a functioning microwave), but I'd be embarrassed to go there two nights in a row. Perhaps I'll go back sometime next week.

Anyway, this is my way of saying that you should go for a walk.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I did indeed go for a walk. You really need to fix that insomnia. I also made a fire (which I can do where I live.) That was a lot of work and now I'll probably take a walk.

Two things I do for help sleeping -- reduce pain and increase breathing. So, for example, if you like those breathe-right strips you could try that. (I hate them as I wake up angry -- but they work. I tend to use Vapor Rub.) And if alcohol and motrin doesn't fix the pain, try a topical. I use Icy Hot on my upper and lower spine -- puts me right to sleep.
How'd you set the fire? Did you do a cool thing with lighter fluid, or...?

Hope your walk was entertaining.

I've had insomnia my whole life. The only thing that's ever worked are prescription meds, and I'm trying to knock 'em. Oh well. I had two good years of easy sleep. Back to the grind.

On the plus side, I get a lot more done when I only sleep two hours a night. I also get to go out to the grocery store at 3:30 AM and discover cool Chinese restaurants that I might not have otherwise discovered.
Paper, matches and sticks -- nothing exciting. And I took a nap instead of another walk.

Two hours? Geez, I barely make it when I only have 6. 7½ is normal for me.
You should have taken a walk rather than a nap.

8-9 is normal for me. I'm obviously not feeling the best I've ever felt.
This thread gets my vote for the lamest. :-) That was a contest, wasn't it? Proof: it inspired me to find the way to filter out all of the content from this 'General' forum. Now if you see me around here again, it will be more from my own choosing, rather than just seeing a thread title in the most recent posts list. Keep having fun though!
Your computer WANTED you to see this post.