Top 100 Adventure Games List
http://www.adventure...cle/id,1401/p,1

Just wondering if any of you guys have heard or agree with any of these Adventure games.

#100 – Titanic: Adventure Out Of Time

#99 – Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor

#98 – The Space Bar

#97 – Runaway: A Twist of Fate

#96 – Gold Rush!

#95 – Ripley's Believe it or Not!: The Riddle of Master Lu

#94 – Faust (aka Seven Games of the Soul)

#93 – Toonstruck

#92 – The Dig

#91 – The Feeble Files

#90 – Spycraft: The Great Game

#89 – The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time

#88 – Simon the Sorcerer II: The Lion, the Wizard and the Wardrobe

#87 – Penumbra: Black Plague

#86 – Dark Fall

#85 – The Dark Eye

#84 – Colonel's Bequest: A Laura Bow Mystery

#83 – The Black Mirror

#82 – The 7th Guest

#81 – Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire

#80 – Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened

#79 – Gemini Rue

#78 – Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist

#77 – Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

#76 – Drawn: The Painted Tower

#75 – Kings Quest: Quest for the Crown

#74 – Shadow of the Comet

#73 – Discworld II

#72 – Maniac Mansion

#71 – Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail!

#70 – Amber: Journey's Beyond

#69 – I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

#68 – Shadow of Destiny (aka Shadow of Memories)

#67 – Pepper's Adventures in Time

#66 – Callahan's Crosstime Saloon

#65 – Hotel Dusk: Room 215

#64 – The Book of Unwritten Tales

#63 – Black Dahlia

#62 – Obsidian

#61 – Loom

#60 – Another Code (aka Trace Memory)

#59 – Myst III: Exile

#58 – Star Trek: Judgment Rites

#57 – Indigo Prophecy (aka Fahrenheit)

#56 – In Memoriam (aka MISSING: Since January)

#55 – Syberia II

#54 – Samorost 2

#53 – Return to Mysterious Island

#52 – Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

#51 – Zork: Nemesis

#50 – Infocom text adventures

#49 – Sam & Max: Season Two (aka Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space)

#48 – Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

#47 – Professor Layton and the Curious Village

#46 – The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time

#45 – The Curse of Monkey Island

#44 – Simon the Sorcerer

#43 – John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles

#42 – Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood

#41 – Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

#40 – Myst IV: Revelation

#39 – Last Window: The Secret of Cape West

#38 – Full Throttle

#37 – Stacking

#36 – Sanitarium

#35 – The Neverhood

#34 – Amnesia: The Dark Descent

#33 – L.A. Noire

#32 – Gabriel Knight: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned

#31 – Portal

#30 – Bad Mojo

#29 – Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

#28 – Sam & Max Hit the Road

#27 – Discworld Noir

#26 – Heavy Rain

#25 – Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon

#24 – Police Quest 2: The Vengeance

#23 – Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness

#22 – The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel

#21 – Blade Runner

#20 – Still Life

#19 – Beneath a Steel Sky

#18 – Myst

#17 – Machinarium

#16 – Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers

#15 – Syberia

#14 – The Secret of Monkey Island

#13 – King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow

#12 – Zork Grand Inquisitor

#11 – Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

#10 – Portal 2

#9 – Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive

#8 – Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

#7 – The Last Express

#6 – Day of the Tentacle

#5 – Riven

#4 – Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

#3 – Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within

#2 – The Longest Journey

#1 – Grim Fandango

Glad to see my favourite in the top 5. Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
#99 - Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor - fun game. The games in this entire series are generally pretty decent. They're certainly not the pinnacle of adventure gaming, but they're a fun jaunt. This one in particular is especially scary, atmospheric, and filled with devious puzzles.

#75 - King's Quest: Quest for the Crown - it's a glorified fetch quest, but it's one of the first PC games to actually have graphics (!), and the VGA remake made a few years after the original release is pretty decent. What's really annoying, though (and this goes for the second game in the series as well) is that there are certain "nodes" on the map into which you can walk where some random enemy (troll, witch, etc.) will suddenly appear and kill you. So saving your game upon entering a new node is generally a prudent practice.

#59 - Myst III: Exile - I love this game. The worlds to explore are varied, the puzzles are mind-bending but not terribly evil, and Brad Dourif nails a commanding performance as the villain Saavedro.

#48 - Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers - I absolutely adore the Space Quest series, even with some of the silly ways you can get screwed, much like King's Quest. It's funny, ridiculously snarky in places, and contains some wonderful parodies of science fiction staples, most notably Star Wars and Star Trek. This particular game has a time travel element in it that's just hysterical in that it constantly breaks the fourth wall, even referencing future games down the road that never got made. Tongue

#40 - Myst IV: Revelation - I personally think that Myst III should've placed above this one, but this is still a fine game nonetheless. The graphics are just breathtaking, arguably the best in the entire series. It's just a shame that the final world had to be a very un-Myst-like New Age-y hippie village filled with puzzles that weren't true logic challenges, and that the acting was rather subpar. ("I...am...Sirrus......AND I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!!!!!!")

#31 - Portal - it's freakin' Portal. Enough said. Slight smile

#29 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - I was first introduced to this game courtesy of Rock and decided to continue playing through what he hadn't posted at the time on my own (yay for an iPhone port!). The story in this game is nothing short of brilliant. The animated characters just somehow feel right, and the music is some of the most memorable I've heard in a video game in quite a while.

#21 - Blade Runner - I'm currently in the middle of Sven Groot's LP of this game. So far, it's awesome - and it's not a direct movie tie-in either, which is also a plus.

#18 - Myst - it's considered among some of the most revolutionary games ever and is credited for pioneering CD-ROM games, and for the time, its graphics were just stunning. As a product envisioned by two guys and built by a small team in a garage, it's fabulous. While I don't consider it to be the best entry in the series, it's certainly a fine game and contains some wonderful puzzles.

#13 - King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow - I'm so glad this made the list and that it's toward the top. This seriously is one of my favorite games ever. It contains a 3-D animated cutscene that was considered fairly revolutionary at the time of release (though it certainly pales by today's standards). But the real stars of this game are its gameplay, in which ridiculous "screws" were mostly removed, the voice acting, and the beautiful music and love story. I don't use the word "masterpiece" much, but it certainly applies here.

#10 - Portal 2 - oh, how I love Portal. But Portal 2 I love even more. It's a sequel that doesn't feel like the original; rather, it expands on what the original presented. The voiceover work, once again, is incredible. The puzzles are fun but not terribly challenging. And the ending is just breathtaking.

#5 - Riven - other than Chip's Challenge, this is my favorite game. Its atmosphere is nothing sort of sublime, and the worldbuilding Cyan did when creating this game is filled with meticulous details. But what really shines here is the story. It's a captivating tale that can be understood on a basic level but contains layers of substance to be found underneath the surface. And what's even more brilliant is how the puzzles are integrated into it - yes, there are devious ones aplenty, but the way the puzzles tie into the story makes this game feel all the more immersive.