My (Grant's) levels for CCLP1
I have uploaded three level sets to the Yahoo group (and may upload them here, too, just because) which I would like considered for CCLP1. They are in the directory "Grant's CC levels", and they are, in chronological order, GRANTF.dat, Grant.dat, and grant2012.ccl. Many levels in the first two sets are not Lynx-compatible, so I will work on taking the same ideas and making them not only Lynx-compatible, but also better. For example, MAZE OF THE FIREBALL in GRANTF.dat isn't Lynx-compatible because it relies on the behavior of tanks in MS (stopping when an obstacle is encountered and remaining there until a blue button is hit); FIREBALL MAZE in grant2012.ccl removes the tank room altogether and adds two fireball-shaped rooms to strengthen the theme (one of which also has a fireball as a visual reminder to the player of how fireballs move, i.e. turning right when an obstacle is hit).

I would have much preferred to post this message on the newsgroup like a normal person, but I apparently lost my password to an account I forgot I had, and for identity-protection reasons, I'm not allowed to create another account with the same e-mail address. I really hope a message on CC Zone will work for submission purposes. . .

EDIT: Any feedback on levels in grant2012.ccl is greatly appreciated, especially regarding MS- or Lynx-compatibility or busts. If there are levels or ideas present in the other two sets which you would like to see adapted in a Lynx-compatible way, say so, and maybe it'll motivate me.

EDIT2: I changed the thread's title to have my name in it. That way, when a reply to this thread is the most recent one in this subforum, people will know whose levelset is being talked about!
I posted this on the Newsgroup for you... Hope you don't mind! Slight smile
I tried grant 2012 and I must say I really loved it! There's only four levels there now, but I enjoyed each one tremendously!

I posted short comments on each at the level download section.

-Miika
Wasn't "Release Me" in your previous set?
Quote:I posted this on the Newsgroup for you... Hope you don't mind! Slight smile

Don't mind at all. I would have posted to the newsgroup myself had I access to it! Slight smile

Quote:Wasn't "Release Me" in your previous set?

Yeah, but the old version has a minor bust in Lynx.

[Click to Show Content]

A lot of levels in this set will be improved versions of old levels, especially when those improvements are Lynx-compatibility! Slight smile
I recall seeing that when reviewing the level for CCLP3. Thanks for fixing it!

I love "Fireball Maze," by the way. This is the sort of shortened puzzle that will work well for CCLP1.
Quote:I recall seeing that when reviewing the level for CCLP3. Thanks for fixing it!

I love "Fireball Maze," by the way. This is the sort of shortened puzzle that will work well for CCLP1.

Thanks. Slight smile

In case you don't follow the Yahoo group files or the downloads section here, the level set has been updated with IT TAKES A THIEF, which is a remake of an older level. It aims to fix a bust present in the first version's upper-right corner room:

[Click to Show Content]

If FIREBALL MAZE is a shortened puzzle, then consider IT TAKES A THIEF to be a pair of thematically linked, and slightly more shortened, puzzles. Slight smile
Quote:If FIREBALL MAZE is a shortened puzzle, then consider IT TAKES A THIEF to be a pair of thematically linked, and slightly more shortened, puzzles. Slight smile

I totally caught that. Slight smile
Quote:I totally caught that. Slight smile

What did you catch? Did you catch the thief? Nooooo! We need the thief to aid and abet Chip!
I updated the file with two additional levels. Level 7, AQUARIUS, is a series of four block-pushing puzzles set in a watery world; level 8 is one which I will let speak for itself. . . . Tongue