Do you still watch American Idol?
I'm watching it right now, but I'm not sure why.

BTW Go Colton!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
"Still"? I never watched it in the first place. Apart from not being a TV person, I knew that I wouldn't like it. Sort of like Twilight.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
It's nothing like Twilight. But it is getting lamer every year. I think it peaked in the David Cook year.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I'm not a big fan of music as a competition (so goodbye chart placings, awards ceremonies, battles of the bands, etc.). It just seems anathema to me.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I don't generally watch talent shows, but from what I hear, the other singing competitions on TV have surpassed AI.
American Idol? Worst show ever! Thumbs down

But I watch The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent. Now those people have talent! Smiley
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
American X Factor was a let down. Maybe better this year.
I never liked American Idol's post-audition part. The audition part was good in the first few seasons, but now it's just as bad as the post-audition part and I try to avoid the whole show altogether (like most TV programs). Then again, I only ever really watched it if my parents had it on during dinner, so can't really say my Idol viewing habits have changed much... Tongue
The most memorable audition that I can recall catching was a guy who was a Randy Jackson fan who brought his Randy DVD that apparently inspired him to pursue singing. Then, when Randy shot him down at the audition, he proceeded to whip out a hammer and smash the DVD to smithereens. Tongue
That just sounds so staged that I can't take any pleasure in it.

[/party pooping]