What do you think about natural history museums?
When we got to our relations in Nova Scotia, some friends of theirs dropped in 2 days later. Unbeknownst to both ourselves and our relatives, they had taken 2 1/2 months crossing Canada from Sidney, BC. Only about 1 1/2 hour drive from where we live. They intended to take another 3 months on their return trip!

Ian
Man, that would be a blast. I guess I'll be doing a lot of traveling once I hit the lottery jackpot. Maybe someday I'll double my chances of winning and actually buy a ticket.

[Old joke, yes, I know. I still find it funny, though.]
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I've been to the one in London, and the Louvre this year. They were surprisingly interesting stuff. Maybe as I get older, I start to appriciate the past more. Slight smile
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I think that happens to everyone to some degree. Slight smile
I know it hasn't had that effect on me. Apart from my regression as far as music tastes (I was a classical music snob as a kid; now I listen to Bananarama and Kylie Minogue), I resent my own past. Maybe that's because it's full of regrets and angst, but I resent it all the same.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I can relate somewhat; I was the same way about music - among other things, but my eyes were finally opened when I moved here to Texas. It sure took a while, though, and while I wish my past were different, what matters now is what I can take from it and how I can face the present. Slight smile
What brought you to Texas? How did it change your views?
Family issues. And it was mostly that my life prior to then was being a little kid who hardly did anything and was rather scared of the "outside world," only to discover that it wasn't quite as scary as I thought once I met some cool people here (among other places). Slight smile
Quote:Family issues. And it was mostly that my life prior to then was being a little kid who hardly did anything and was rather scared of the "outside world," only to discover that it wasn't quite as scary as I thought once I met some cool people here (among other places). Slight smile

So, the CC community are the cool people now, JB? Tongue
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
They're among them. Slight smile Along with my friends from church, various people I've met in many different organizations, random strangers on Facebook, college, and so many others.