Levels not working in Lynx
Anyone know an easy way of finding out what's preventing a level from working in Lynx with an editor?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
CCEdit can give you an error report, I understand. It's invaluable if you are interested in pedantic.

If you don't want to open an editor, Tile World can do it too, although you have to open Tile World from inside a Command Prompt or Terminal instance. It'll spit out lots of error messages to the textual prompt for all sorts of things, and is a useful debugging tool.
CCEdit also has the "show errors" feature which displays little red marks for some invalid tile combinations. It's definitely helpful for the non-obvious ice/ice tiles and such.
I think CCEdit may have some errors with that, for example I remember flippers on water not being read as invalid...
That's why I said "some." Wink
Tile World 1 will write errors to the stderr.txt file when you try to play invalid levels.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I find that most errors are because of tiles being layered. Boots can go under a block but not under anything else in LYNX.

I check for incompatibilities by using Chips Workshop. It has a nice feature of showing the bottom layer only by pressing Ctrl +3.

This in itself doesn't tell you what will prevent it from working in LYNX, but a keen eye will see most problems.

Configure TileWorld in the Workshop program and use the Playtest feature to quickly check to see if all the problems are gone.

To easily change from MS to LYNX rules in Chips Workshop just select any level, click on Edit, Properties, and change the ruleset.

This is very handy and time saving.

There are excellent tips on what does and doesn't work in LYNX at

http://www.pillowpc2001.net/cclp3/Lynx/diff.html