Why doesn't this level work? (large image warning)
Everything here works until the end when the teeth monster is supposed to be released so you can defeat him and push the block with the exit under it.

It's obviously C/B glitch but at that point the only monsters left alive are the continuously looping fireballs/gliders in the center left (which all eventually point down) and the continually cloning fireballs in the extreme upper right - these fireballs move down before dieing in the water.

So, what gives? Why doesn't this work?

Note: There is an error in this image. The button for cloning the block is actually connected to (31,1) and NOT (31,2) as shown with my poorly drawn lines.

[Image: yDMgL.png]
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
If the teeth is ahead in the monster order of all the monsters that remain by the level's end, it will have no controller and be unreleasable.
Hmm, the looping gliders and fireballs in the middle left should be ahead of it and they never die. *puzzled*

EDIT:

So yes, upon closer inspection I did fudge up the monster order but fixed it now.
I am looking forward to playing this nightmare of a level.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:I am looking forward to playing this nightmare of a level.

It's actually pretty easy. The only part where you might get legitimately screwed is some low-end lucky timing involving the four trapped teeth and walking out the door as a glider or fireball shows up.

Some levels later in this set are WAY harder, and actually, the level before it is harder too.

And this is only level 3.
Is this level supposed to look like a giant mask?

If there's any level that has earned the title "Temple of Doom," looks like this could be it. Slight smile
Quote:Is this level supposed to look like a giant mask?

If there's any level that has earned the title "Temple of Doom," looks like this could be it. Slight smile

Maybe.

Would you like it for me to release this set half-finished (with the unfinished levels excluded for sanity reasons)?

The set is intended to be played in MS, but I think you could beat most of them in Lynx too.
Whatever you feel comfortable with.
Oh sure, I'll do that - because why not?