DanielB-Lynx
Quote:I did change Daniel Bouwmeester's sets to make all the levels Lynx-compatible with his permission...

I playtested every level in DanielB-Lynx in Lynx mode and there are some impossible ones. Just wanted to let Tyler know in case he wanted to fix some of these.

Lvl 77, WATERLOGGED - Impossible simply because a block can't be pushed over a hint tile.

Lvl 79, IN THE LINE OF FIRE - Impossible to get past the middle room with fireballs coming from every direction.

Lvl 82, GLOBETROTTER - Impossble to boost backwards on a force floor. Actually, this level is really interesting and I thought there still might be a way to get around this but there isn't. I'm most interested in if this level can be fixed because it would be cool to solve.

Lvl 93, PICTURE PERFECT - This is the only one I really not sure about. If it's possible in MS, it's probably possible in Lynx, but I got frustrated with it and am unwilling to test it any further. I just hated it so much I had to stop playing it.

Lvl 94, BRICKLAYER - This level really confuses me. It's impossible in Lynx because you can't push a block onto an exit which, looking at the map, is what you have to do. However, I only got to the end by block slapping two blocks off the fire and I don't know how to reach the end in MS. So, impossible in both rulesets?

Lvl 99, PRIMAL INSTINCT - I don't see any way this level is possible. Once you get all the chips and go through the teleport pass the socket, there isn't any way to switch the tanks and you're stuck.

ALL of the other levels are possble in Lynx. The only other one I didn't beat is Lvl 96 - MINEFIELD because it is just impossibly hard. I didn't realize when I finally got through the minefield that you have to go through it four more times. I'm sure it's possible though.

I have some other notes about two levels that I really like in this set. Lvl 87, CLUBHOUSE - I'm kind of being nitpicky here but Tyler moved the hint when I told him it made the level impossible in Lynx, but originally the hint was placed where it was because it was farther into the level. It says, "Okay, you've come this far..." The hint is now placed at the beginning which kind of renders it pointless. I think it would fit the spirit of the original level more if it were placed some like say, 19, 6. The only other thing I wanted to say was that lvl 90, BLOCKAGE desperately needs more time. I think this level would be perfect for CCLP1 and there are a lot of levels from this set that I would vote for.

~Bowman
~Bowman
Thanks for the report. I'll try to fix everything entirely in a single update soon.

Quote:Lvl 79, IN THE LINE OF FIRE - Impossible to get past the middle room with fireballs coming from every direction.

If you look at the original, you can see that I did change it, and if I remember correctly from testing it months ago, it is possible to hit the green button. But I agree that it's still unequal so I'll change it.

Quote:Lvl 99, PRIMAL INSTINCT - I don't see any way this level is possible. Once you get all the chips and go through the teleport pass the socket, there isn't any way to switch the tanks and you're stuck.

I'll probably just remove this one. It's not really CCLP1 material and already is very similar to Niche.

Quote:I have some other notes about two levels that I really like in this set. Lvl 87, CLUBHOUSE - I'm kind of being nitpicky here but Tyler moved the hint when I told him it made the level impossible in Lynx, but originally the hint was placed where it was because it was farther into the level. It says, "Okay, you've come this far..." The hint is now placed at the beginning which kind of renders it pointless. I think it would fit the spirit of the original level more if it were placed some like say, 19, 6. The only other thing I wanted to say was that lvl 90, BLOCKAGE desperately needs more time. I think this level would be perfect for CCLP1 and there are a lot of levels from this set that I would vote for.

I'll change Clubhouse, and I guess I'll add time to Blockage. I would like to avoid making changes that aren't absolutely necessary (though, I added time to Glint already, so there's that)
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Here's a suggestion for the level LESSON 4 -BLOCKS

Before:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/uploads/gallery/category_3/gallery_149_3_55406.jpg

After:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/uploads/gallery/category_3/gallery_149_3_32704.jpg
That looks cool and works well...but including all of the footwear makes it look like a combined footwear/thievery/blocks/bombs lesson, which I don't think was the designer's intention. Still, it looks great!
JB, of course it wasn't the designers intention or those items would have been included. This is the part where suggestions and collaboration can either benefit and help create better levels and friendships, or separate, depending on the responses. As it wasn't your level I will forgive you this time.