Ida4
The end result of my try on Lean Thinking was 4-6-6-4, more compression was possible but no obvious blocks could be freed because it was too wide at the ends. I'm glad that there's more than one end configuration.

Why does this require unlimited time? I was pretty slow and I had 127 seconds on the clock.
I don't know what you mean by "don't waste time" regarding come again?. I managed to get the solution using a slap, but it took a lot of tries and my time was not good.
Having no time limit on a very luck dependent level allows it to be less of an issue for competative play. Of course this is only a personal preference.

I could have worded my comment about Come Again? a bit better. I meant if the key strokes are pressed correclty inbetween pressing the blue button, then you don't waste any time and can get it to work. Often it's easy to lose a tiny amount of time without realizing in lynx, and in this case it matters because you need to turn a moving tank.
I just modified my Ida4 set with some of Miika's suggested changes:

Quote:#1 (Chip, the Great Adventurer) - I would still recommend moving the dirt keeping the teeth at bay one tile down, because particularly in Lynx getting this odd/even step thing right is difficult.

Done (sort of, i switch the teeth and the chip instead)

Quote: #2 (The Key Issue) - However, in lynx block slapping allows to avoid the red key under the block at [25,4]. Adding a wall at [24,5] would fix this while keeping the room practically the same.

Also sort of done. I hope I didn't destroy any of my previous purposes with this edit.

Quote: #5 (Lean Thinking) - Perhaps would like this level more without a time limit, because the best possible time is impossible to reach, and even scoring a good time is very luck dependent.

Time limit removed.

Quote: #6 (Duck) - This level is quite difficult. I see the idea behind having a blob control one of the cloners, but even the lower corridor is quite complex as the cloning cycle is long enough not to make immediate sense. From a competative stand point the top corridor is a nightmare, and even casually it was quite hard.

I remember reworking this level a lot when I first made it, but it never turned out as good as it was in my head. For now, I just left it as is.

Quote: #7 (New Adventures for Chip) - Figuring out that one of the blocks hides a flipper (or chip) requires quite a lot from a player. I find a certain beauty when levels can be completed on the first try in theory. Maybe from a competative stand point, it would be good to require to press the button at [22,19], as currently with some luck the walkers will never come down to press the forbidden button. For example, instead of walkers, you could use fireballs (circling counterclockwise) in that room.

Does anyone have a second opinion on that? Either the same as Miika or another idea? I'll have to think a bit more of this, how the level would change having fireballs instead of walkers.

Quote: #21 (Generator) - Currently you can simply use the first cloner, which I would guess was not intended.

Major bust fixed by switching the clone machines to bear traps!

Quote: #30 (Chip Joins Mensa) - I bet there's some complex way to mask which buttons are the correct ones even for people looking in an editor by using some mechanism with creatures in the extra space at the bottom of the map.

Oh, I'd like that. I'm just not clever enough.
Quote:Feel free to shorten them in many places, even considerably.

I've now shortened most of the time limits in this set...

Quote: The slide delay in Serving Fast Food might be mitigated a bit by having force floors infront of the block cloners.

Why is that? I guess I could do that, but I'd like to understand it...

Quote: For Reverse Engineering, the tank can collide with the glider and it stops, but in lynx it continues afterwards. You can also have the fireball collide with the glider before it drowns, then keep pressing the trap button and the fireball will press the blue button a second time. In lynx this doesn't work because the fireball gets stuck in the trap, much like in ms if the trap button isn't pressed as the creature enters the trap and it faces a wall. The fix is to give the fireball more room, either by moving the blue button left a tile, or having a ff east between the trap and blue button, or more room left of the trap, or something like that. I do like the idea of this level and each of the islands contain nice puzzles as well. If you wish, you could also change the gravel on the bug island to dirt, forcing Chip to bring the block from the previous island in its place.

Ehhh... My problem is, I forget what I thought when making certain levels some while ago, and thus I hesitate to make changes when I'm not sure what they'll do... I'll have to think more about this one.

Quote: On Generator, [...] Would you also consider moving the clone button connected to the fireball cloner one tile west, so the cloned block won't kill Chip? (In lynx the required wait is very hard to play optimally.)

Also done Slight smile

Quote: Hopefully Ida5 is already in the works. How about exploring some invalid tile combinations next time? I'm sure you'd come up with something nice for CCLP4.

Well, I took someones advise and added levels to this set instead of making another separate levelset. I don't know what's the best. I don't really like the invalid tile combinations, I want everything to be as in the original game... The only combinations I've really missed are keys on thin walls (in Window Shopping) and chips on gravel (in Super Chip).

Anyway, straight after posting I'll update the set in the Downloads tab. Then shortly, I'll submit the set for CCLP1 Slight smile Thanks again, Miika, for the feedback - I really appreciate it!
I haven't played through all of the new levels yet, Ida, but I've got to say - "No-No" is one of my favorite humor levels ever. Slight smile

Also, you should submit Ida3 again for CCLP1! There's great stuff in there.