Windows CE or Android?
If I buy a netbook, should I get one with Windows CE or Android? Which one will play TileWorld? And what about CCTools?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Sorry if this is OT, but is there or will there ever be an editor for I-pad? I don't have an I-pad, but how wonderful it would be. Actually, I think I'd buy an I-pad immediately if I knew there was a good cc level editor for it Slight smile
If I knew how to code for an i-pad, and how to make an editor, and had the time and the inclination....I probably still wouldn't get around to making one.

Plankton
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I don't think Tile World would work on either Windows CE or Android, or at least not until someone makes ports for those versions... However, many netbooks have Windows 7, which will run it normally. There is a Pocket PC version of Chip's Challenge though, which if my understanding is correct would run on Windows CE - http://www.iceboxman.com/software/pocketpc/chips.php

There is a port of Tile World for the iPhone/iPad called "Will's World" - http://www.stadiagames.com/willsworld/. I don't know of any editors for mobile devices except for the WebCC game, which has an iPad version available; however, the levels can only be used within the WebCC game...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Well, clearly, I need to learn the file structure of CHIPS.DAT, so I can work on the web-based editor!
Quote:There is a port of Tile World for the iPhone/iPad called "Will's World" - http://www.stadiagames.com/willsworld/.

Yeah, perhaps I could ask him if he's planning on making an editor!

Quote:I don't know of any editors for mobile devices except for the WebCC game, which has an iPad version available; however, the levels can only be used within the WebCC game...

Well, I guess one could use that for brainstorming, and eventually transfer any levels to a "real" editor manually...
I'd love to see an iPad editor. Any excuse to work on levels while on break at work is okay by me. Slight smile
Quote:I'd love to see an iPad editor. Any excuse to work on levels while on break at work is okay by me. Slight smile

Yeah, Tile World and an editor on an Ipad world be epic!

Anyway, try to go for a netbook with Windows 7, because it will be 32 bit for sure.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I ended up buying a small notebook with Windows 7. Very happy with my choice.
Quote:I ended up buying a small notebook with Windows 7. Very happy with my choice.

Chip's Challenge and Tile World work fine on it? Sometimes the Lynx ruleset on Tile World struggles with netbooks.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]