Tileworld usage question
When I'm in the S screen, if I have a level highlighted and I hit the TAB button, it turns from white to black. Does that DO anything?

Also, is there a way to "fix" a TWS file if one level has changed, and erase just that score?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:When I'm in the S screen, if I have a level highlighted and I hit the TAB button, it turns from white to black. Does that DO anything?

Hmmm, I never noticed that... As far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything...

Quote:Also, is there a way to "fix" a TWS file if one level has changed, and erase just that score?

Yes - if you open up the level, you can hit Ctrl-X to mark the solution as "bad" - i.e. you can re-solve it and that solution will be saved instead, even if it's slower (note that you have to replay it in the same "session" - if you hit Ctrl-X and then close TW and reopen it later, it won't remember that you hit Ctrl-X on that level). You can also hit Ctrl-Shift-X to permanently delete the score/solution.
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Thanks!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:When I'm in the S screen, if I have a level highlighted and I hit the TAB button, it turns from white to black. Does that DO anything?
It moves the focus to the Find textbox (doesn't it?).

Quote:Yes - if you open up the level, you can hit Ctrl-X to mark the solution as "bad" ... You can also hit Ctrl-Shift-X to permanently delete the score/solution.
In TW2, you can also use the Solution menu's Replace and Delete options.

- Madhav.
Quote:It moves the focus to the Find textbox (doesn't it?).

Yes, that too... Slight smile I guess I was just answering specifically about what the changed color did, which I think is nothing (besides showing that the level list no longer has the focus...).
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels