Poll: Do you think aliens exist?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
13 50.00%
No
26.92%
7 26.92%
Not Sure
23.08%
6 23.08%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you think aliens exist?
I've always had a fascination with unexplained phenomenon and aliens, but I do find it odd that out of the whole universe, there are no other lifeforms outside Earth. I'm not actually sure whether to say a 100% yes or no to this, so do you think there are really aliens up there or there's no such thing?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I'd like to think that any aliens that possibly exist would be a bit more overt in their attempts at communication than what we've witnessed.
Yes - for one simple reason.

People don't realize how big the universe is. It's really, really, really big, beyond the comprehension of the human brain big. Even a single galaxy. The idea that we're somehow completely unique, and that there are no other planets with advanced life - even if you only count our own galexy - is completely ludicrous.

What is up in the air is how advanced they are, as far as life forms go.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:I'd like to think that any aliens that possibly exist would be a bit more overt in their attempts at communication than what we've witnessed.

...that's assuming that they've managed to send transmissions beyond the speed of light, and in a form that we can receive and interpret...right?

I like the Calvin & Hobbes strip in which Calvin says something like "I think the surest sign that there's intelligent life out there is that none of it has ever tried to contact us."
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Maybe they'll find something on Kepler22B...

I highly doubt it, though life could technically could exist there...
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:Maybe they'll find something on Kepler22B...

I highly doubt it, though life could technically could exist there...

Well, they found water on Mars I think. Therefore, perhaps other planets could have lifeforms then?
...well, that's assuming that these other lifeforms are carbon-based, etc.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:...well, that's assuming that these other lifeforms are carbon-based, etc.

Well, it's a start I guess, but I just hope we find the aliens first and them not find us! Tongue
Why's that?
Quote:Why's that?

I think they'd probably attack us. Tongue