Chris Elsby's Tile World patches
I just stumbled across Chris Elsby's (creator of Chip's Workshop) website again, which has had more CC content added since the last time I saw it... He now has old Tile World patches that he made available for download...one of which allows you to see the whole 32x32 map during gameplay, which I believe Madhav was interested in at one time...

http://www.microstupidity.com/chips/tworld.html
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
The God Mode sounds interesting, especially to see the whole map. Too bad I don't know how to apply them to Tile World. Slight frown
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
The patches appear to be for an older version of Tile World, it won't even apply cleanly on 1.3.0 anyway, and when I tried to compile it I got errors. The God-mode patch is rather simpler than I imagined though, it might be possible to fix them.
The God mode patch basically just adds an option which resets two variables, NXTILES and NYTILES to be 32 each (the whole board) instead of 9 each. It makes the game nigh unusable though because it won't fit in even a reasonably big monitor with the standard Tile World tileset and it can't be resized.
Quote:He [Chris Elsby] now has old Tile World patches that he made available for download...one of which allows you to see the whole 32x32 map during gameplay, which I believe Madhav was interested in at one time...

No, I wasn't, but there were others at the NG who were.

It was suggested that such a feature be incorporated in TW2 (I don't know if any of them knew about this patch).

I think it was concluded (or taken as a given) that making this possible while playing a level would be inappropriate, as it would be possible to cheat. There was some discussion about enabling it during replays, but my opinion then and now is that that shouldn't be allowed either. As mentioned above, achieving it involves a trivial code change - which somebody who knew how to build the program could apply. But I don't think that it should be published in an official version.

- Madhav.

(Edit: I was interested in a feature to pan the view area during replay - just after I'd made KW #7 and before TW2 came about.)
Quote:(Edit: I was interested in a feature to pan the view area during replay - just after I'd made KW #7 and before TW2 came about.)

So, does that mean you could implement a camera panning system during a replay or playback of a TWS solution, Madhav?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:So, does that mean you could implement a camera panning system during a replay or playback of a TWS solution, Madhav?
Theoretically, you could do just about anything.

- Madhav.
Quote:(Edit: I was interested in a feature to pan the view area during replay - just after I'd made KW #7 and before TW2 came about.)

That's probably what I was thinking of - I knew it had to do with wanting to see the teeth's path through YCTaOFNT... Slight smile
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I like the pannable replay idea.
I like the whole map idea Tongue

Its presence doesn't have to be blatantly obvious. It could be a command line option, and it could disable saving tws files. And let's face it, anyone could lie about their scores, whether they achieved it using the whole map view or just didn't achieve it at all.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.