New Tileset
I am considering making a new tileset, and I am wondering if I can release it here without losing my copyright. What should I put in the copyright section to say "you can use it but it still belongs to me"?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:I am considering making a new tileset, and I am wondering if I can release it here without losing my copyright. What should I put in the copyright section to say "you can use it but it still belongs to me"?

Just say you made them and no there's no fixed copyright on CC Zone. Tell me what file type the tileset needs to be and I'll add it onto the CC Zone download database.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Well I don't know when I'll have it ready, but it will be a bmp file.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:Well I don't know when I'll have it ready, but it will be a bmp file.

I just tried uploading a bmp file to the gallery and it wouldn't let me. You might have to change it to a jpeg or something.
I

Quote:I just tried uploading a bmp file to the gallery and it wouldn't let me. You might have to change it to a jpeg or something.

I'm making the tileset section in the download database, not the gallery. Just a few more minutes needed. Slight smile
I would surely hope that there's no implied loss of copyright by uploading works here! I would not be comfortable with uploading things here if CC Zone could do unwanted things with the files, like include them in some proprietary commercial work like a Chip's Challenge game bundle.

This question is worth its own thread, so I'm going to make one.
Quote:I would surely hope that there's no implied loss of copyright by uploading works here! I would not be comfortable with uploading things here if CC Zone could do unwanted things with the files, like include them in some proprietary commercial work like a Chip's Challenge game bundle.

This question is worth its own thread, so I'm going to make one.

There won't be any copyright involved. I promise to everyone on here! Thumbs up