MikeLrejects
Would anyone be opposed to MikeLrejects being taken offline? (Of course, it wouldn't be completely gone, since pie guy's hide feature doesn't actually remove the set...) I'm considering removing it since with the release of MikeL3 and the possiblity of releasing a best-of ML1 set (still going back and forth on that one...) I'd like to have as few levels/sets of mine out there as possible, and MikeLrejects is quite a huge set with a small number of good levels (living up to its name, I suppose Slight smile). Plus, all the levels in the set prior to #264 really fit best within their original sets (such as the edited MikeL1 levels, the "small CC1" levels), so having them all crammed into one set (with some levels in the series not even there due to being in MikeL2) didn't really make all that much sense to begin with.

I still plan on keeping the original sets that the MikeLrejects levels came from, so if anyone would ever want a copy of them later, I could always send them upon request...but I don't think that'll happen... Smiley
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I'd say leave it on. More new people could discover it here, and just in case something happens to the other sites with the download.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:I'd say leave it on. More new people could discover it here, and just in case something happens to the other sites with the download.

But what if the levels are so bad I don't want people to discover it? Smiley

I guess I might as well just leave it up though... After all, since MikeL3 basically is turning into a best-of set anyway, there's not really a need to release ML1 now. Plus, MikeL3 is probably the better best-of set to release, since ML1 is more of my own favorites that a lot of others will probably hate (Safe Spots comes to mind)... Smiley
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:But what if the levels are so bad I don't want people to discover it? Smiley

I guess I might as well just leave it up though... After all, since MikeL3 basically is turning into a best-of set anyway, there's not really a need to release ML1 now. Plus, MikeL3 is probably the better best-of set to release, since ML1 is more of my own favorites that a lot of others will probably hate (Safe Spots comes to mind)... Smiley

Nothing wrong with that. Just make sure people are aware of which set is your best one for CCLPs.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Yeah, MikeL3 is the only one I've submitted for CCLP1 consideration. For CCLP4 though I might be better off submitting MikeL2, since MikeL3 is MS/Lynx compatible, but MikeL2 has some MS-only levels that might have a chance for CCLP4... Then again, most didn't require too much changing to become Lynx compatible in MikeL2-fix, so if they weren't CCLP3-worthy they probably aren't CCLP4-worthy... Wink
Mike L

My level sets:
I like MikeLRejects - it has the mini-CC1 levels that used to be MikeL2 back in the day, which I still enjoy. Slight smile
Quote:I like MikeLRejects - it has the mini-CC1 levels that used to be MikeL2 back in the day, which I still enjoy. Slight smile
Thanks! Part of me wishes I had actually finished the series instead of getting bored after Rink, though... Smiley Not to mention how much better it would've been if I had designed a real mini-Problems instead of inserting the previously made, just plain evil (and not even mini...) "Chip Got a Problem"... Rolling eyes
Mike L

My level sets:
It would've been fun to see Mini-Alphabet Soup. Slight smile
Quote:It would've been fun to see Mini-Alphabet Soup. Slight smile
Smiley

That certainly would have been a challenge to design in a small space... Thin wall letters? Or maybe just stopping after A, B, and C... Slight smile
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeLrejects has been updated at pie guy's site with 3 "new" levels, which are actually converted from levels I made for William S's "Block Pusher" game. Since most people that weren't active in the community back in '02/'03 when Block Pusher was released probably aren't aware of the game, I thought I'd keep these levels alive by converting them to CC format. Tongue Since they were made back in 2003, and Block Pusher only had a few tiles, the levels aren't really that great - the first is a fairly straightforward block pushing level, and the other two are kind of evil (at least for those playing without looking in the editor), so I have titled them MEAN and MEANER. Tongue

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~pieguy/chi...keLrejects
Mike L

My level sets: