graphics issue on steam
howdy, first post here! hope this is the right place.
i've had this issue with chip's on steam recently where the game's graphics are blown out with the color green, particularly on transparent tiles.
i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it persists. looking at the bitmap for these textures, it does have a green background, but i'm unsure why it's rendered like that, nor can i find a replacement.
is there a solution to this?
[Image: wt8l54N.png]
Hello and welcome to the forums!
This does indeed appear to be a recent problem with the Steam releases; another person (Sharpeye, in the Chip's Challenge Bit Busters Discord Server) reported the same thing happening with CC2. There's currently no known solution to fix this.
The Steam CC releases generally have a lot of technical problems, but you can play Chip's Challenge in NotCC, which is a Steam CC/CC2 emulator which has the same game logic as the original game, but more modern and overall less janky. It's a browser game, so to play CC you just: open the website, click Load Directory, and give it the folder with the set you want play (For CC1, it'd be in data\games\cc1, relative to the CC1 game folder). You can also change the tileset to whatever you want by clicking the wrench icon, opening settings, and clicking Change tileset.
If you have any questions, feel free to join the aforementioned Discord server Slight smile .