January 2023 Create Competition - The Easy Way or The Hard Way?
A Create Competition is a level design contest where anyone can make a level or levels from a given prompt or theme, which are then judged and ranked, with feedback. Whether you're a veteran designer with hundreds of levels or have never made a level before in your life, your submission is welcome here!

This competition is once again hosted by everyone's favourite dynamic duo, Sickly & Sharpeye! This month's theme is a level that has two ways to solve it. As the title implies, an easy way, and a hard way!

The only stipulation I will include, is that the easy way has to be not completely trivial to solve (no AARGH style easy ways), and you can't simply have chip decide between walking into the exit or walking over a recessed wall with the only way being back to grab a key, or all the chips, etc. There should at least be some fun aspects to both of the solutions! I won't develop a distinct line on what's easy and what's hard (with difficulty being subjective!), that is left as an exercise to the reader.

While not a stipulation, it's still a general housekeeping note, Sickly and I have a combined IQ of 60. If we get OFNT difficulty levels (or even puzzles levels in my puzzle game??) we will likely have to refer to the attached solution instead of having the brain power to solve it for ourselves.

And finally, some administrative details:

Submit your level(s) to either Sharpeye468#9238 or A Sickly Silver Moon#4836 on Discord or by PM on the forums on or before February 14th(Heart). Extensions will be granted on a case for case basis if one is needed because there are creative ideas flowing, if someone cries enough, or if there are bribes delivered to both sickly and I.
    Whilst you are technically allowed to submit unlimited levels, please note that we will only be judging your best two, so if you submit more you must note which they are.
    Make new levels, its a create competition no a "who has a large catalog" competition.
    Levels should be solvable, if its CC1 please include a TWS or JSON, for CC2 please record a replay for the level.
    Sharpeye and I will be looking through the levels around the day of, most likely on a discord stream. Please don't make us get banned.
    If you have any questions about the competition, if a level is legal, or anything of that sort, please don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord.
    Finally, your levels only have to be solvable in as many rulesets as you choose (minimum 1 obviously), if you want to make an MS only level go right ahead. Lynx only? Right on! CC2/Steam only? It makes sense to me. But also do tell us what ruleset(s) each level targets, thanks!
Results! [Click to Show Content]
And here's an archive of all the submissions and solutions we were provided with:

.zip   Jan 2023 Comp.zip (Size: 25.13 KB / Downloads: 63)

Included within the zip for Miika submissions (MT_202302_createcompentry.zip), is a copy of all the messages he sent detailing the creation process, interesting read there.

Thanks for participating everyone, it was a blast, and we'll see you next year!
Hi I'm A Sickly Silver Moon
and I currently develop SuperCC and work on levels from time to time

I also made the world's best CC2 tileset: Lunar
[Image: ZYZWJuE.png]
As well as a very fun CC1 tileset: CGA
[Image: RWZdY7b.png]
(22-Feb-2023, 6:23 PM)MilkyWayWishes Wrote: And here's an archive of all the submissions and solutions we were provided with:

Included within the zip for Miika submissions (MT_202302_createcompentry.zip), is a copy of all the messages he sent detailing the creation process, interesting read there.

Thanks for participating everyone, it was a blast, and we'll see you next year!

Thanks for hosting! Hope we don't have to wait until next year for the two of you to do this again.

If anyone tries my level Marvellous Melinda, Cheap Chip, I totally forgot that Melinda can use yellow keys infinitely and the intended solution was for her to grab 3 keys (as in the replay).