Other puzzle game recommendations
Quote:On 1/20/2019 at 11:12 AM, Hash1 said:

The Adventures of Lolo series and it's japanese version Eggerland are similar to Chip's Challenge in the way that you have to complete levels by collecting stuff, being able to use things, and avoiding obstacles. They're old Nintendo games that are also about thinking, created by HAL labs.

I reccomend them.

I remember that game being mentioned on this CC site, along with Escape: https://web.archive.org/web/201410181423...s/chip.htm

Quote:20 hours ago, Motekopasznyaku said:

Corrypt is a favorite of mine. It's very similar to Chips Challenge, being top-down tile based, focusing on stuff like puzzles with pushing blocks, but it has it's own neat twist as well that really gets interesting about halfway through.

https://smestorp.itch.io/corrypt

But the thing about most of these games (also including MarbleZone, and other games like the suspiciously MSCC-looking LaserTank) is that they are generally static puzzles.

CC has plenty of levels that don't require extreme monster dodging, but the ones that do break up the flow of the sokobans and other somewhat generic puzzle levels, no matter how creative they may be individually. It's one of the things that makes the game relatively unique. It's also a big part of why I'm so drawn to Reflexion: it has a very similar static/dynamic ratio, so to speak.
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion

Messages In This Thread
Other puzzle game recommendations - by andyrkki - 10-Aug-2018, 8:10 PM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by Gavin - 12-Aug-2018, 8:17 AM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by andyrkki - 12-Aug-2018, 10:28 AM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by Gavin - 12-Aug-2018, 2:37 PM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by andyrkki - 04-Nov-2018, 9:29 AM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by Earthling - 25-Dec-2018, 3:34 PM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by Hash1 - 20-Jan-2019, 11:12 AM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by Gavin - 21-Jan-2019, 12:11 PM
Other puzzle game recommendations - by andyrkki - 21-Jan-2019, 1:55 PM