Platypus Pack - Discussion
I'll give this feedback thing a go. I'm currently playing the Obstacle pack, but this is the last pack I finished, so I'm revisiting these a few weeks or so after I've played them. My thoughts may not be as articulate as I like because I forgot a lot of details about these levels.

2: Takedown

Fun to figure out, but I found the block section at the end a little confusing because you could access it at the beginning and it's not clear what you're supposed to do. The paramecium section also confused me but it was really clever.

6: Oracle 2020

I enjoyed this one. Very tricky block pushing puzzle.

8: Thirsty Paramecia

Very unique puzzle and not too hard.

9: Idle Contrast

This one really stood out to me. I know not everyone will agree with me, but I prefer this to Suspended Animation. Really well done, even if it was done before.

13: Branching Out

Essentially an item-swapper, but a fun one.

14: Garbage Chute

Really fun level. With more observant play, I could've avoided a lot of back and forth. The existence of a "secret way to exit" keeps it intriguing. I couldn't find it, but I'm sure optimizers would have a blast with this one.

15: Monster House II

One of my own levels, and it's always been sort of a favorite. I don't know if I really played this version of the level before, as I tweaked it some for the voting packs, and then a bust was found which I incorporated into the solution. Couldn't think of a different name, though. I really like this version a lot better than the original. I hope people have fun with this one.

17: Linear Equation

I really liked the "Avalanche for Dummies" section. Another fun level.

25: World of a Thousand Flames

I had a world of trouble trying to solve this. But when I finally solved it, it was very satisfying. I'd have to say it's one of the funnest, hardest levels.

28: Switzerland

Classic Tyler level. That sokoban in the middle, man. That may be a bit much for some. But I fumbled around with it for a long time and somehow never cooked it, so it's good to know that it's hard to cook if you're careful.

43: Life Is Not a Puzzle

One of Josh's best levels. Will probably make it in.

44: Step Aside

I would've loved this level if only it did more. The concept was cool, and it was fun to explore, but I was disappointed when it was over. It's been brought out that this is busted, but I didn't get that impression when I first played it; I thought the extra room and items were to make it seem more complicated than it actually was. But knowing that it is busted, I would like to see the "fixed" version.

47: Visions in Blue

Holy Crap. This is a level. Devious, extremely tough, but each discovery unravels more and more of this layered puzzle. One of my favorite levels in voting so far.

50: Chip, the Great Adventurer

A very clever puzzle in the guise of a regular item collection level. It took a long time and many tries to figure out what needed to be done in each section, but it was really fun. I was stumped at the ending at first, but the solution is right in front of the player's eyes so I can't really complain.

Favorite: Visions in Blue

Least favorite: Raining Keys and Boots
~Bowman

Messages In This Thread
Platypus Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 02-Sep-2016, 3:24 PM
Platypus Pack - Discussion - by KeyboardWielder - 03-Sep-2016, 6:12 AM
Platypus Pack - Discussion - by random 8 - 03-Sep-2016, 7:01 PM
Platypus Pack - Discussion - by Bowman - 30-Sep-2016, 7:48 PM
Platypus Pack - Discussion - by Bowman - 30-Sep-2016, 9:47 PM