June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!)
Recommendation for future create competitions: stick with the default tileset, or at least indicate in the rules what tileset(s) may be used. Things like not being able to see things like recessed walls under chips* are significant, even if they didn't really affect the rankings here.

Joshua's level: Pretty much agree with everything said about it so far, but i want to add that i think the level could have done with a bit less hand-holding. You can tell the player what they can do without telling them what to do, especially after the first 2 or 3 rooms. Also, i counted the spaces in Joshua's level because i have nothing better to do and it's 475 inside the thin walls, leaving 625 - 475 = 150 to spare.

I'm okay with the rankings, though my reasons for my level not being a good tutorial differ quite a bit from the reasons stated here. Fun fact: this is what i was going to submit before i noticed the size limit (ideally i would have had it untimed too):

[Click to Show Content]

I ran into a similar issue Joshua had. I found a way to shrink this to 25x25, but the level became really dense and it was difficult to see what the level was doing.

*You actually can see them, but just barely. Still affects the difficulty of H's 3rd level, since not all chips had walls under them.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam

Messages In This Thread
June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!) - by random 8 - 13-Jul-2016, 5:36 AM