"Uart" level
Quote:If I understand correctly, in simple terms what's happen is...
Almost, the clock itself simply turns on for 1 tick, then off for 7 ticks, like this:

Code:
C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
-------------------------------------------------
|+| | | | | | | |+| | | | | | | |+| | | | | | | |

When one of the inputs is on, it will cause the wire to be activated in one of those normally off ticks, so say you turn on input 3, the output pattern then changes to this:

Code:
C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 C 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
|+| | |+| | | | |+| | |+| | | | |+| | |+| | | | |

The output circuit sets each output based on the signal on the wire during n-ticks after the clock tick, so it turns on output 3.

Once input 3 is off, then after the next cycle of the clock output 3 will be turned off again.

And it works with any combination of inputs being on and off.

Quote:

I have a question for anyone knowledgeable or inclined; might it be possible to use two of these [or a similar set up] to compare two sets of data inputs [in the form of switch presses in a particular order]?

What I want to do is have two sets of switches being pressed in a certain order and be able to confirm whether or not the two match.
You could use this to compare 2 sets of inputs values e.g. on/off (though it might be simpler to just compare each pair of inputs individualy) but you need some seperate way of storing the information of which order they were activated in
My MSCC tileset: Felix Challenge My CC2 tileset

[Image: nlaNSog.png] [Image: wldHYRt.png]

Messages In This Thread
"Uart" level - by mobius - 16-May-2016, 6:31 PM
"Uart" level - by chipster1059 - 16-May-2016, 8:20 PM
"Uart" level - by FelixNemis - 16-May-2016, 9:57 PM
"Uart" level - by mobius - 22-May-2016, 3:22 PM
"Uart" level - by FelixNemis - 23-May-2016, 2:06 PM