Possible new glitch in Tile World Lynx -- Clone Desynchronization
Quote:It seems to only affect monsters that both A) are cloned by other monsters and B) run into water or bombs. It affects all monster types except teeth and blobs. Also, it takes a few seconds for desync to occur, and it only occurs if monsters are cloned very frequently. The stage shown in the video had 4 continuously running cloners at the time I pointed out the desynchronization. In a test stage with just two continuously running cloners, desync occcurred only when the red buttons were placed close to the machines (2 spaces away as opposed to 6 spaces away) to make cloning occur more frequently.
I'm adapting one of my levels for lynx compatibility which, about halfway in the level, has two continuously cloning monsters. The setup is similar to the one in your video, with the buttons 6 spaces away from the machines, but the two machines are at opposite ends of the map (though their paths come next to each other before running into bombs and water). Chip has to step on the buttons for them to clone. While playtesting, I got them alternating, ~3 spaces offset from each other (the only other monsters at this point are two teeth which can be killed by bombs), but near the end of the level they were essentially side-by-side. I never waited to see if they separated again, but it did force me to modify the level a little.

It doesn't seem like it has to be as frequent as you state. Their paths were very long, though, so maybe that made up for it?

EDIT: lol your "B" turned into an emoticon
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam

Messages In This Thread
Possible new glitch in Tile World Lynx -- Clone Desynchronization - by random 8 - 12-Nov-2012, 8:16 AM