is level creation a form of art?
Quote:2 hours ago, Gavin said:

Would you say what we create is a form of expression?

Yes, I would say so. There is a lot of creativity involved in level design.

Would you say how you feel affects the level you make?

Under ordinary circumstances, not really. That said, if I'm in a bad mood, I might find myself making a very evil level, but this rarely happens since, like Jeffrey, I don't really design when I'm not feeling well.

Do you ever give levels titles that are actually a reference to something going on in your own life?

I create two types of levels: those where the title came first, and those where the level came first. In the former category, the titles sometimes reference events in my life. In the latter, however, it hardly ever happens, as I often struggle to find level titles.

Do you think some created levels are more than just a fun puzzle to play? Thousands upon thousands have been made so I would imagine some of them have a "story" behind them Slight smile

Yes, absolutely. Most of the levels in the first category, I mentioned in the previous section, would fit this description (although the story is not always very obvious).
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.

Messages In This Thread
is level creation a form of art? - by Gavin - 29-Jun-2018, 1:51 PM
is level creation a form of art? - by chipster1059 - 29-Jun-2018, 4:22 PM