June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!)
I haven't played any of the levels except my own, and I didn't watch anything except the part about my levels and the final rankings.

"chipster ten fifty-nine aka the best chipster ever...or maybe that's underscore...overstatement, but ok" Thanks!

EXCHANGE: I have to admit the skates are pointless and confusing. I originally put them so Chip could drop objects on the ice like Melinda, but you do have a point that it causes problems if the bowling ball picks them up. I will remove them when I put this in C1059-CC2 (should take a few months at my current designing rate).

ERASER RUSH: I don't think it can be solved without the speed boots. In the end, I don't really care much about this level. I'm wondering which of my levels are made interesting by a tramogrifer's presence, though. And Jeffrey, I don't see how the walkers can be problematic, since the player has speed boots and should be able to easily outrun them.

TWICE THE EYESIGHT! : I noticed that you called this "Twice the Fun" at one point, and yes, the title is a reference to that TCCLPRejects level. The other reference in the title (and the reason why the whole level exists) is extremely obscure and doesn't make any sense anyway. I'm rather surprised that it did so well, since I said in the designer comments that "I think this is my weakest of the three entries". But all right, I'm glad you liked it.

Also, I think Joshua's level should have been disqualified entirely. No matter how great is is, it was clearly written in the rules that the level CANNOT be more than 25*25. Not “bonus points if the level is less than”, but literally “cannot be larger than”. It broke the rules, so disqualified. I'm harsh, but that's my opinion.

I like this way of judging, because you can really see the player's first thoughts on the level as they play it, instead of an edited text written a while later, after overanalyzing the levels. And either way, I hope there will be more CC2 competitions eventually, without them replacing CC1 competitions entirely.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.

Messages In This Thread
June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!) - by chipster1059 - 12-Jul-2016, 2:12 PM