CCLP4: Starting Difficulty
Looking into the first ten levels of the existing original sets, here is what I think.

In CC1, you get eight lesson levels, Nuts and Bolts and Brushfire. The lessons aren't particularly fun but they serve their purpose. Nuts and Bolts is a great start to "real" levels, and Brushfire is somewhat of a disappointment.

In CCLP1, you get pretty much the same thing, only with nine or ten lessons, because as Melinda says, Graduation is both the last lesson and the first "real" level. Once again, the lessons are ordinary but are good at teaching basics. Graduation is also a nice level, but nothing special.

CCL(X)P2 is probably the best set so far in terms of the first ten levels, I think. There are no lessons because they are completely unnecessary, as everyone who plays that set is probably already somewhat familiar with the game. All its levels are good except two: A Fleeting Memory and Use the Fish. Don't get me wrong, I like A Fleeting Memory, except for the bust, but as a first level it's somewhat of a disappointment. Use the Fish...well I quite frankly don't care whether Dopefish lives or not, sorry.

CCLP3 is...well...I don't know...Entrance Examination is the best first level of any official set so far, but other than that...Snakes and Ladders is a major disappointment as a second level, Toggle Bust is just plain awful, Pigeonholed isn't one of Scott Feeney's best levels (by the way, In the Trenches is still incorrectly marked as unsolvable in MS in the spreadsheet).

For CCLP4, I think the first level should be Tutorial World by Jeffrey Bardon. No lesson levels should be required as most players would already be familiar with CC1 or CCLP1. The other nine should be not too easy, not too hard, somewhat like in CCLP2.

Also Josh, your signature is broken.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.

Messages In This Thread
CCLP4: Starting Difficulty - by Flareon350 - 22-Mar-2016, 7:30 PM
CCLP4: Starting Difficulty - by chipster1059 - 22-Mar-2016, 9:29 PM
CCLP4: Starting Difficulty - by Ihavenoname248 - 22-Mar-2016, 10:21 PM
CCLP4: Starting Difficulty - by starfishgurl1984 - 01-Apr-2016, 10:36 AM
CCLP4: Starting Difficulty - by PB_guy - 06-Apr-2016, 11:13 PM