January 2016 Create Competition - Palettes
Quote:Double Vision and
Bind Mender: I know I said 1 per person but I had a question for both of these. For Double Vision, I wasn't able to beat the tank, with my best efforts coming up one move short of sneaking past it. Was this intentional, or are you able to slip past it? Likewise, I believe I busted Bind Mender by using 3 half wait+slide delay tricks to push blocks across force floors. I was unable to find a solution that would work in Lynx, though I suspect there is one. The latter of these is my 3rd favorite from the competition, by the way
Tongue
Yes you can make it before the Tank. One of the reasons for the teleports was to slow down the tank in Lynx to compensate for the lack of boosting. The idea was you could practice the route in the first room, but I guess any best solution is obscured enough that you just end up playing the first room quickly and trying out routes in the second one, so it didn't turn out quite as I hoped. For the other one, the main solution works in Lynx as well even though I was aware of the MS trickery possible. Just push blocks only as far as you absolutely must, which I felt was a bit rigid as a solution, but not too simple to find either. Originally I planned on using a teleport instead of the force floor slide around the level, but the palette didn't allow for that, resulting in a prettier level.

Thanks again for running this thing! Flareon's levels do totally look like they deserved the win, and I can't wait to try all the others too when I find the time. Thief

-Miika

Messages In This Thread
January 2016 Create Competition - Palettes - by M11k4 - 15-Feb-2016, 1:30 AM