Poll: What future for official CC sets would you find most ideal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make CCLP4 for CC1, then make CC2LP1 a different set for CC2.
66.67%
22 66.67%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, without the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
0%
0 0%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, with the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Forget about CCLP4 and move on with CC2LP1 instead.
18.18%
6 18.18%
Other (elaborate in the thread)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets?
About two years after the post before this one, but I've been giving this some thought lately, and this is my idea:

CCLP4 has been released as a CC1 LP, as we all know, and it seems like option 1 is what the community is going for. But I'm not going to talk specifically about CCLP4 and CC2LP1, but instead, about future levelsets in general.

My idea is that we go for CC2LPs for some time. The way they would be is that people can submit CC2 levels at their will, and anyone can also submit CC1 levels at their will. Most or at least half of the set would consist of CC2 levels, and a percentage or half of the set would consist of CC1 levels.

Maybe the CC1 levels could be released in their own levelset to be played with CC1 (or CC1 clone), despite not reaching 149 levels. Although to be honest, I don't think many of you would be in favor of a levelset of less than 149 levels (for it is seen as a sacred number of levels for official levelsets). Making this levelset doesn't have to be a thing, though, only the CC2LP one.

After releasing two or three levelsets containing CC2 levels (for example), we can go on to making CCLP5 (yes, a CC1 levelset that comes after CCLP4). The next levelset would either be CCLP6, before going back to CC2 levelsets, or another CC2LP without creating CCLP6 first.

All these last examples I am putting is assuming there will still be a good enough Chip's Challenge fanbase going on in several years from now, as official levelsets need at least a one year gap in between them, but I just wanted to show the pattern it would be following.

Another factor is the future CC1 would be facing. Maybe over time the majority will have CC2 (or a possible fan made clone). And wouldn't be as interested in CC1 levels anymore, so nobody would care about more CC1 official levelsets being released, so only CC2LPs would be created.

About this last thing I said though, I'm going to give my personal opinion: we have spent so many years loving and enjoying CC1, that even if it recieves less attention, I don't think we would all abandon it completely, we would probably still be making CC1 levels every now and then if you ask me.
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)

Messages In This Thread
Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets? - by Hash1 - 13-Sep-2017, 9:46 AM