Poll: What future for official CC sets would you find most ideal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Make CCLP4 for CC1, then make CC2LP1 a different set for CC2.
66.67%
22 66.67%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, without the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
0%
0 0%
Make CCLP4 and CC2LP1 basically the same set, with the use of CC2 elements in CC2LP1.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Forget about CCLP4 and move on with CC2LP1 instead.
18.18%
6 18.18%
Other (elaborate in the thread)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets?
You all make some valid points that 100 is probably too short for an official CC2 set. I guess 150 or 200 could work, since 149 is a meaningless number in CC2 Wink

I have mixed feelings about James' ideas. I don't think it would be really a good idea to make CCLP4 the last 149 official set; CCLP5 might be a good idea in the future. Making a shorter MS-only set could work, since there are several good levels with invalid tiles. However, most of these levels were made years ago, between CCLP2 and CCLP3, and the designers may not be around to submit them. And there are some good Lynx-only levels too.

As for a veteran pack, personally I wouldn't really care for this, but I suppose some players would be interested.

Quote:18 hours ago, Ihavenoname248 said:

There just aren't enough new levels for another CC1 set without it being CCLP4Rejects+a few unsubmitted levels

This is a really valid point, I think, which is why I think we shouldn't really work on CCLP5 for now.

As for a CC2 set, I did some calculations. For CCLP4, 3940 levels were submitted. After removing levels that were unsolvable, incompatible, or already in other official sets, there were around 3000 left (just over 75% of the total). Out of these, 1370 made it into voting (35% of the total). And out of these, as wel all know, 149 made it into the final set. That's only 3% of the total submission pool, or 11% of the voting pool. The current number of levels that would be eligible for an official CC2 set is smaller than that of the CCLP4 voting pool, and even then, there is no guarantee that everyone would submit their levels; some of the designers have probably gone inactive Slight frown

We would need more levels before moving forward with another official set, I think, regardless of whether the next set is for CC1 or CC2.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.

Messages In This Thread
Facing the Future: What's Next for Official Sets? - by chipster1059 - 08-Jan-2018, 7:06 PM