Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy
when downloading the latest version I had to play them in the editor because for some reason when selecting the levelpack and playing only five levels appear in the list. It might be a problem on my end; not sure. Also fyi: if I say I haven't solved a level yet; it doesn't mean I'm necessarily complaining about it or saying it's too hard.

As usual there are totally new and amazing mechanics going on in some of these levels:

I particularly like the mechanism to push and pull blocks in Fearless Acrobat Laughing , Speaking of this level; the monster area in the upper part is exactly what I originally had in mind for my own level "About Face" but could only get it to work with 1 type of enemy at the time.

My Mother says; very nice one except the very beginning I haven't figure out yet.

(I may have mentioned this before but sometimes, especially on levels like this; I may alter chip's position in the editor so I can play other parts of the level. I'm sorry if this makes anyone angry but this is how I play)

Disintegration Integration: totally stumped on atm: I find yellow teleport puzzles very hard.

Hoopla was a super fun level! For being such a big level it did not feel frustrating at all. The yellow tank bonus puzzle reminded me of "Tank Blocker part 2B" which I solved once a while ago but since forgot the solution.

I didn't mind the time limit here.

Nice take on Amsterdam; another very fun level. Reminds me of Venice Wink (except no evil ending Tongue )

Salmon Run: another nice concept but quite hard; takes a while to study everything and figure out how it works. Not sure I'm real fond of the walker areas at the bottom. Haven't solved it yet.

Nursery Games; another fun one; not too simple but not too hard. Good use of teeth

I should be more specific with glitches: sometimes I don't mind those levels; it depends. Mainly it's that the game is still new to me so it'll take me a while to discover all the glitches and unusual features. I'm still learning all of the non-glitch features!

The only level I can think of atm which has totally stumped me because I'm still unaware of the trick is "One lesson before" It's a matter of taste so I'm not really complaining, just saying I don't spend a lot of time on those levels, I mean I wouldn't spend more time than I would on another level because imo; figuring out a glitch can be hit or miss. If it's a mechanic that is unexpected than by definition it's difficult to discover. (I haven't solved the others you mentioned either).

On Part and Parcel: yes; I guess this would help. This area is harder than it looks imo, still haven't figured it out; I just wasn't real fond of it. (maybe that will change if I solve it).
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski

Messages In This Thread
Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy - by mobius - 20-Jan-2018, 8:20 PM